Chapter 5: Radiant

"Hehe... hehehe... I... I get it now..." Ravi said in a sore expression. "I didn't understand it at first, but now I get why your dad sent me down this tower before coming here. This place... It is important, isn't it?"

John widened his look at Ravi's deduction.

"Heh... I see by your face that I was right. And if what I think is true, then you can't just do your absurd sacrifice anywhere you want. You... You actually need a place rich in darkness, don't you?"

"What the hell are you getting at?" John asked in an annoyed expression.

"Very simple..." Then, Ravi took out from his coat a device he had been carrying with a button on it. It was... a bomb detonator. "What I mean... is that if this place is gone, your entire plan goes to hell!"

Without thinking twice, the bluenette pressed the button, causing the lots of explosives he had placed all around the tower to blow up in rapid succession. The rumbling was such that it even reached the top and caused parts of the roof to fall over, leaving the room in which Ravi and the others were in ruins.
When the dust settled for good, the tower was still standing in a heavily damaged state, and it clearly wouldn't take that much longer before it collapsed.

John, on the other hand, couldn't believe what he was seeing. The tower he had been working on for months was slowly crumbling in front of his eyes. What is more, it wasn't even suitable for the blood sacrifice anymore due to the damage, meaning his plan had failed unexpectedly.

"No..." John muttered in an infuriated expression. "The tower... The tower which was supposed to help bring Crota back into our world... Bastard..."

"Hehe... Screw you" Ravi replied. "Screw you and that so-called Crota"

John finally snapped after hearing that. And so, he raised his hand towards Ravi while charging energy on it. He was gonna kill the bluenette once and for all. However...

"Oh no, you won't!" Sagan claimed as he suddenly appeared behind his son, restraining him with one arm around his neck much to Leah, Amanda and Ravi's surprise.

"What the...?! What are you doing?!" asked John in doubt, after which he tensed up in shock and fear at something his father was holding on his hand. It was a weird blue glowing sphere made out of pure energy. Something that was most commonly used as an artillery ammunition of great destructive power for the Last City's defenses... a mote of light. "Kgh! Are you crazy?! What are you doing with that?!"

"I'm done with this! I'm gonna end it right here!"

"No, Sagan! Stop! Don't do it!" Amanda yelled, but it was too late.

Sagan began charging energy on his hand, waiting for the mote of light to blow up along with him and John. This last one was starting to panic as he then clenched his fist in determination. He couldn't die... Not yet! Inside his mind, he was chosen by the prince of the Hive himself to bring him back to life. There was no way he could be killed before attaining his goal. Therefore, the corrupted warlock took a firm hold of the hand carrying the mote of light, and crushed its wrist in a yell of pain coming out of Sagan. "AAHHHH!!!"

"Don't you play with me! Stupid old man!" Sagan finally said as he tossed his dad over his shoulder, making him hit the ground hard while letting go of the mote of light. Then, in a pure act of hate and rage, John charged a massive amount of green fire over his head, and sent it straight to his father causing an explosion and shockwave which spread across the room. "Stay down already! You trash!"