Chapter 11: Unauthorized

At the Moon...

"OHHH! AMAZIIIINNG!" Kadiah claimed as she witnessed, for the first time, the brand new view that was lying in front of her: the surface of the Earth's Moon in all of its glory. Caleb too gasped in amazement as both trainees felt more that fascinated with the sight of the lunar ecosystem surrounding them. However, they all new that that wasn't really the time to be excited.

"Focus, Kadiah" Idus said in a firm tone, startling the girl. "This isn't the moment. You'll have time to do sightseeing once the mission is over"

The awoken girl nodded nervously as she and Caleb swallowed their wish to explore. After that, the guardians walked all the way towards the Hellmouth as Kadiah and Caleb watched in shock at the terrifying apperance of that place.

The team made its way towards the wide surrounding area of the massive pit, the gray rocky and a bit desertic landscape filled with some hive constructions scattered around.

"So... Where to now?" Ravi asked impatiently.

"The signal of Cayde's ghost seems to be coming from that direction" Shaxx claimed as he pointed to one side. Specifically, at a very tight rocky hallway that could be seen on a nearby mountain at the distance. "We better hurry. It's been a while since the signal was sent, so there's no way to tell what the hell is going on exactly"

The team nodded firmly as they continued walking down the path Shaxx pointed to. When they finally reached the rocky passage and made its way through it, they arrived at a brand new area of the Moon: another long, but a bit more narrow landscape filled with more rocks and stones than usual. The place was also where an old human research facility resided, though it was not even active at that point since research on the Moon had been abandoned a long time ago.

The team made its way into the facility and explored it for a while, finding lots of rooms and hallways filled with high old tech from years ago. Not just any tech though... It actually was...

"This place..." Wire muttered. "This is the first time I've been here, but if I had to guess, I'd say these all are..."

"Golden Age tech" Xeno intervened. "Yeah... The Moon was a place filled with tourists of all kinds and etnics at some point. And it was also a frequently visited spot for scientists and researchers before the Collapse fell upon us. It's a real shame that the Hive took control of almost all of it."

"The Hive?" Caleb asked as Kadiah startled in childish concern.

"Y-you... You mean those weird alien monsters we were taught about during class?" the awoken girl added. "Th-they live here?"

"Do not let fear take control of you" Idus said in a cold way as Kadiah tensed up a bit.

"Eh? S-sure... I was just..."

"Don't say a thing. If you don't think you are capable of handling this, then just go back to the ship already..."

...

...

...

"WE CAN'T AFFORD ANY INSECURITY RIGHT NOW"

Kadiah remained in silence as Idus moved forward without showing the tiniest sign of emotion. The awoken boy's words felt like a cold knife to Kadiah, almost as if he considered her presence as nothing more than a bother. Ravi and Caleb too stared for a while in awe at the young hunter, though soon they simply decided to continue their way without much delay.

The team of guardians kept on exploring the facility for a while longer until Caleb found one last room located at the basement of that place. That room was different though. It had more pieces of tech, a few spare parts, and some other junk scattered around. However, it also had a big hole at one of its wall... A hole which, more than just a creepy decoration, was more of an entrance to the hive underground tunnel which spread all around the Moon.