Chapter 13: Phogoth

Somewhere inside the Hive underground tunnels on the Moon...

There was a big wide natural cavern with lots of rocks and stalagmites scattered around. Thralls and acolytes were seen all around as well, kneeling and bowing while some other knights were using their blades to honor something which was located at the very middle of the entire place: a huge greenish black crystal which was levitating in mid-air.

Besides just the crystal though, there was actually one more creature standing right next to it. A tenebrous-looking figure who was floating in mid-air while spreading her arms open in honor of the crystal. The creature had the same semi-insect style looks as the rest of the hive forces, but with some long, ragged and creepy old robes which seemed to be attached to her body, almost giving her the appearance of... a witch.

"Mmh... Looks like Phogoth found some lightbearers to play with" muttered the alien witch with her eyes closed, soon opening them as she resumed her focus on the crystal. "Very well... try your best. The Hive will make sure prince Crota comes back..."

...

...

...

"...one way or the other"

...

...

...

Back with Ravi and Leah...

The pair of guardians ran around the area, dodging the countless punches and tackles that the hive ogre was trying to land on them. Leah left a trail of lightning as she moved forward. As she saw and opening, she made a big jump into the air, molding lightning around her daggers while readying herself to attack. 

"Take this!" the huntress yelled, swinging her arm with great force. The ogre on the other hand, raised its arm and used its forearm to block the attack, its bulky and grotesque wrists covered by a pair of thick rusty cuffs which Leah's attack was barely able to scratch. "What?!" Leah tensed up as the monster forced her to back up. 

The girl lied in mid-air while her opponent stretched its arm, trying to grab her body. Luckily, it was then that Ravi too reacted and jumped high, embracing Leah at the last second and taking her out of danger. "You okay?" the bluenette asked as he helped her get up. 

"Y-yeah..."

Ravi switched his gaze to the ogre while examining it thoroughly, thinking of the best way to act, and looking for any possible weak spot. Though it wasn't as if he had enough information about it to reach any conclusion.  

'It's big and strong, and also surprisingly fast for someone of its size' the warlock thought as the monster roared and rushed to the fight again. Ravi and Leah scattered in different directions. They dodged the attack and confused their opponent about who to go after first, also giving the blue-haired boy a few more seconds to think of what to do. 'This thing is not a Vex though, so maybe its weak spot is its resistance' Ravi recalled how the monster blocked Leah's attack just moments earlier. 'The fact that it used those cuffs to protect itself... may imply Leah's attack could've hurt it. And if that's true... then my fire should be able to hurt it as well'

Ravi startled as the monster rushed to him again. Seems like the creature had chosen who to kill first after all. However, the bluenette reacted in time and dodged the tackle, causing the ogre to crash against one of pillars around. 

"Heh... I guess you aren't that smart... Now how do you like this?!" Ravi extended his hands and shot tons of fire like a flamethrower, bathing the monster and its surroundings in a mantle of hot orangish flames. It was clear that the blue-haired boy had trained quite a lot and become very strong in comparison to how he was months ago. Unfortunately, the ogre didn't seem that affected by the attack in the end. "What the...?!"