Chapter 7: Elemental Psyche

Some days later, at one of the Tower's Corridors...

Idus and his ghost were on their way to the ship hangar. Turns out the awoken had received a calling from a high-rank guardian expecting to meet with him as soon as possible. Wearing his guardian suit and with his hand canon at his side, Idus kept on walking when, suddenly, someone approached him from behind and embraced him out of nowhere.

"Idus!" yelled none other than Kadiah, who smiled childishly while hugging the awoken boy as if there was no tomorrow. "I finally found you! Hehehe...!"

"K-Kadiah! This is not the time!" Idus replied while sweat-dropping. "I'm in a hurry! Let go now!"

Kadiah startled slightly and finally let go of Idus while pouting. "Aww~ You are in a hurry? Huh? Wait a sec... Are you going on a mission?"

"Yeah... I don't have time for this right now"

"Cool! In that case I'll go with you!" Kadiah replied with a big smile.

"Of course not. This isn't the typical patrol mission on Earth. Just stay here, okay?"

"Eh? B-but... we are part of the same team, aren't we?"

"Don't mistake things. We are certainly a team, but only when the situation demands it. Besides..." At that moment, Idus approached and took a hold of Kadiah's shoulder while staring at her. "I think you should stay here... with Leah"

Kadiah widened her look. "Idus..."

"She lost her father just a few days ago, so having one of her best friends at her side is the best thing that can happen to her right now"

The awoken girl remained speechless and in silence, but then she faced downwards, realizing Idus was totally right. "Yeah... you are right" She then faced upwards again with a determined look. "You are completely right! I... I gotta go look for her! Right now!"

Finally, Kadiah left while waving her hand as Idus took a long sigh of relief. Relief of knowing that the awoken girl would make company to her friend. And also... relief because he had actually managed to lure her away somehow.

...

...

...

Meanwhile at another part of the Tower...

"Hey, Ravi... Are you sure about this?" Leah asked in concern as she followed the bluenette closely from behind.

"Of course I am" Ravi replied, happily. "Now that I'm back in good form, it's the perfect time to focus on my training"

"But you just recovered yesterday" Wire added.

"And don't forget your wounds were quite severe" Cybel finally said as Ravi turned around briefly.

"You guys worry too much" the bluenette replied. "The Tower's healing machine worked wonders on me. I'm fine! So you don't need to worry... really... hehe..."

Leah stared in awe and concern at Ravi for a while longer. But in the end, there was nothing she could say to stop him at that point. And since the warlock had already summoned Ikora to meet with him at one of the Tower's training grounds, it was too late to back up now.

That said, as soon as Ravi changed into his academy tracksuit and entered the field, Ikora welcomed him with a determined look on her face. "So you are finally here. Are you sure you are ready to begin?" the warlock vanguard asked, to which Ravi simply clenched his fists together while nodding.