Chapter 19: Life Changer

Meanwhile at the guardian outpost...

Idus rested over the infirmary's bed, crossing his arms and staring at the air with a serious mood. He was meditating about the current situation, as well as the next move which he and the others should be taking at that moment.

"Mmh... It's been a while already..." muttered the boy. "And lord Shaxx hasn't returned yet. Perhaps... something ended up happening?"

Kadiah and the ghosts stared in awe. "I... I'm sure he and our friends will be back soon" said the girl with a fake grin. "I mean... Leah and the others are pretty tough, and lord Shaxx ain't an elite guardian for nothing!"

Idus turned and faced Kadiah in an emotionless, but also kinda clueless expression. The warlock on the other hand, startled childishly while looking away from the hunter, her face showing a bit of sadness and disappointment. Either way, silence took control of the entire room as Idus kept on looking at Kadiah for a little longer, almost as if he had something to tell her, but was thinking of what exactly it was.

"Hey, Kadiah..." the hunter finally spoke as the warlock startled yet again.

"Y-YES?!" Kadiah replied in childish fear, though her mood was soon overwhelmed by what Idus had to tell her.

"Now that I think about it, you've been trying to get close to me ever since the moment you first joined the guardian academy"

"E-eh?! W-well... That's..."

"Before I noticed, I ended up getting used to your silly behavior and disrespect for personal space. That's why I never thought about this before... BUT..."

...

...

...

"Why exactly are you so fixated with me?"

Kadiah's eyes widened and shined at that moment, the question taking her by absolute surprise as both her and Idus's gaze kept on looking at each other for a while, and without saying a single word. "Wh-why? You ask?" Kadiah muttered as, suddenly, her mind was taken all the way back to that moment... The moment in which she stepped into the Vanguard's Tower and Academy as a full-fledged trainee...

...for the first time.

...

...

...

The Last City of humanity rejoiced with life. The streets were crowded, and the ground and aerial vehicles transitated without problems. The people were living normally and happily beneath the shadow of the magnificent figure on the sky: the Traveller. At the same time, a young awoken girl of big light-blue eyes, short dark hair to the base of her neck, and pinkish tips... walked across the city's streets with a big smile plastered on her face, clearly excited for something in particular.

As she finally arrived at her destination, she entered a tall modernized building and took her first steps inside. The Tower's Guardian Academy was the place... and the girl... was none other than a 15 year-old Kadiah Dent, who was there to start her first day as a guardian trainee.

She explored the main hall as she accidentally deviated from what she was originally supposed to be doing there. She looked at the many stans, screens filled with schedules and information, and even had a quick bite at the inner cafeteria the main hall had. However, something... or rather someone... suddenly caught her attention from in between the many people scattered around the room... A boy... An awoken boy of white short hair and piercing light-blue eyes.