Chapter 3: Under Consideration

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

*Later the same day*

-Felix's POV-

I spent time with my friends before returning to my apartment. Everybody wanted to talk at the nearby coffee shop, get to know each other, and review some details of the upcoming party. I had a great time, but in the end, I decided to go first since I wanted to talk with my mother. I told her everything about my first day and even mentioned Hwang Hyunjin. And just like me, my mother grew curious about him; she also believes that talking to him is the first step to getting to know him better. Yet, Audrey is trying to stop me. And I understand her reasons, but I can protect myself without her help.

Right now, I'm lying down on my bed while leaving my phone aside. I let my mother rest from my texts since she's a busy woman. However, as soon as I stopped looking at my phone, I began thinking about today's first day at college. And from one thing to another, Hyunjin came into my head.

-Audrey said Hyunjin is popular among students. But I didn't see him with many people. – I thoughtfully said while looking at the white ceiling. Then, I placed my hands on my stomach and started to breathe slowly. -Hwang Hyunjin might not be so popular, then. Or perhaps he doesn't like to be with his friends all the time. – I deduced, only trying to answer the questions by myself.

I shook my head, attempting to get rid of my thoughts. Then, I grabbed my phone and looked at the hour.

It's almost time for the dance practice.

I sighed before standing up, briefly going to the closet and choosing today's outfit for the dance class. Now that I'm in Seoul, I joined the dance studio Minho recommended. He's a student there too; therefore, I didn't hesitate to agree with his request.

-New dance studio; here we go! – I smiled while picking a jacket from the hanger and then placed it on.

-Hyunjin's POV-

I left the institute late; I spent more time painting than anticipated. However, I'm glad I did since I finished my work. Moreover, I feel pleased with the progress I made. And after seeing the first painting completed, I want to dive into another canvas to paint on again.

Currently, I'm entering my father's house since I needed to come. I didn't want to stay over the week, but my therapist told me to work harder on the bond between my stepmother and my father. And now, as I near the entrance door, I heard my father calling my name. He sounds somewhat upset.

-Hyunjin! – My father earnestly spoke, immediately making me release a long sigh.

I looked up and met with my father standing in front of me with an angry expression on his face.

-Hi, dad. – I said while looking at him, shortly fixing my grip on the canvas I'm carrying.

-Where were you? – My father asked.

-I finished a school project at the institute. – I replied, explaining what was necessary.

-And why didn't you call to notify me? Did you know how long your mother waited for your arrival? – My father questioned, upset. Yet, right after hearing his words, I grew more solemn than he currently is.

-She's not my mother. And I already told you; I was working on my project. – I sternly responded while facing my father.

-Hyunjin, don't use that tone with me! – My father angrily answered.

-Then, don't give Yeseul a place that isn't hers. – I stated, but before I could say something else, Minho came running to my side.

-Hyunjin, stop it now before you regret something. – Minho worriedly said near my ear. I nodded at my brother's words before taking a deep breath, and then Minho looked at my father. -Dad, Hyunjin told me he was coming late. It was my fault that I didn't tell you before. – Minho spoke, defending me from my father.

-It's alright, but next time, be more careful with your timing. – My father said while looking at me, and then he walked away with a severe look in his eyes. Immediately, I took a deep breath while feeling frustrated by my father's words.

-Hyunjin, Dad didn't mean to say that to you. Okay? Let it go, and forget it happened. – Minho worriedly said while holding my shoulders.

-It almost seems like my father forgot about my mother, Minho. – I sadly said, but Minho shook his head before holding me against him. However, I didn't return the gesture; instead, I stepped away from my brother. -Anyway, go to the studio without me. I'm tired and want to rest for tomorrow. – I told Minho, but his worried expression didn't change.

-Are you sure? – Minho questioned, which I nodded for in response. He gave up and cluttered my hair. And then let me go from his side.

Immediately, I walked towards the staircase; I climbed them and reached my room's door. Carefully, I got inside and placed the canvas on the easel, briefly leaving my bag on the armchair. Eventually, I sat on the edge of my bed and admired the painting of the rose. It has my signature on the left corner.

Rose.

My artist's name is Rose. It ought to be for a girl; however, I decided to give myself a mysterious name as a token to my life. After all, countless secrets are what defines me the best.

While thinking about the painting, Minho's words jumped out of nowhere, appearing inside my thoughts again. The new student he suggested I meet, Lee Felix. Somehow, I find it curious what he said to me.

-Felix hides his problems because he wants to be happy around others. – I thoughtfully said while reviewing my brother's previous talk. And then, I walked over to my desk, took out a notebook, and began to sketch. I don't know the reason behind my sudden inspiration, but I want to draw the person I'm curious to know. For the first time in a while, I have been interested in speaking to someone.

Carefully, I drew the base to the portrait. And with each line I made, I tried to remember Felix's face when I saw him around the college. Somehow, it was easy to understand and memorize his features.

-Felix isn't happy, is he? I wonder why he hides his struggles from his friends; after all, my brother seems to like him a lot. – I murmured, thinking out loud about the mysterious student inside the institute. My inquires caused me to snicker slightly after noticing the resemblance between us.

There's another mystery aside from me; how curious. Isn't it?

I shook my head, instantly focusing on the sketch once again. But as I continued to draw, I thought about tomorrow. Perhaps, I could meet this guy sooner than later, and honestly, I'm very inquisitive to know if I'm going to enjoy his company or not.

Minho was so sure about his suggestion. Somehow, I perceive he knows something else about this guy Felix. I wonder what it is; I want to know what makes him special or what will make him unique for me.