Chapter 09: The Heart Can't Lie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later the same day. – At Hyunjin's father's house.

LEE FELIX

After arriving at the institute and attending the lessons, I went to the dance studio with Hyunjin and my friends. We had a fun time during class—Minho even showed us the choreography for the dance competition. He was slightly apprehensive when displaying his work but later realized it was the best option. After all, our opinions helped him improve the choreography; we also assisted him with new moves. – My mom called after our class and told me to join Minho's dance team; however, I wasn't sure if I would fit in with the other dancers. I know Han and Changbin are there, but I still feel nervous dancing in front of an audience.

I'm thinking about my mom's suggestion while walking beside Hyunjin. Minho invited us all to his house, and Hyunjin gladly agreed to take me with him; therefore, we walked to Minho's house, which wasn't far from the studio.

—Welcome home! – Minho opened the front gate for everyone, but as I entered, Hyunjin took my hand and dashed through everybody. He unlocked the entrance door and entered, dragging me along.

—Hyunjin! Where are we going? – I asked, confused.

—I want to show you something, – Hyunjin said as I let him guide me upstairs.

We passed a corridor and walked to the last room. Hyunjin opened the door and immediately let my hand go, motioning me to enter. – My eyes got captured by the number of paintings on the wall and art supplies around the place. Immediately, I smiled and admired the room's colors and cozy decorations.

"This room is frankly an artist's sanctuary," I thought.

—Is this your room?

Hyunjin nodded before closing the door behind him—. I wanted to show you my paintings.

—Hyunjin, I love them all! – I looked amazed around the place before Hyunjin grabbed my wrist and guided me to the wall with most paintings.

—Let me explain them to you, – Hyunjin happily said while standing beside me. He immediately looked at the paintings, making me seize an opportunity to pull out my camera and take a photo of Hyunjin and his paintings. – He has the brightest smile while describing his work, causing me to beam and feel butterflies.

—I painted these flowers a long time ago. I liked how they looked after letting the paint dry, but at first, I wasn't convinced, – Hyunjin explained before moving to another painting and pointing at it—. I made this one after seeing a series with Minho—he hated it, but I liked the story.

"Rose," I thought while reading the signature on the paintings and shortly captured it in a photo.

—How did you come up with your nickname, Hyunjin? – I curiously asked.