Chapter 5: Honest Connection

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seoul, South Korea.

-Felix's POV-

After speaking out, Hyunjin's expression immediately changed. He became slightly gloomy and looked concerned. Shortly, he caressed the back of his head and released a short sigh, and then nervously glanced my way. I realized Hyunjin's sudden poker face as if he tried to hide his current feelings; hence, I subtly smiled at him.

-You don't have to fake with me. And I promise to stay silent about the few things I know about you. – I told Hyunjin, hoping to ease his concerns.

Hyunjin nodded at my words, still showing his worried expression. -How did you figure it out? – Hyunjin curiously asked while looking at me.

-I saw you with some students; everyone seemed joyful, but your energy felt different from the rest. – I admitted before looking at the painting on the canvas.

-How did you do it? – Hyunjin questioned, not satisfied with my previous answer.

I looked back at Hyunjin, smiled, and took a deep breath. -Your eyes. I saw sorrow in your eyes. And your smile wasn't genuine either. – I pointed out, causing Hyunjin to nod while thinking about my words. Then, he grabbed the brush and continued to paint with gentle strokes. But as I continued to watch, Hyunjin glanced at me sometimes, and shortly, he placed his hand down, stopping his work once more.

He's very curious. Isn't he?

I smiled at Hyunjin and waited for him to speak.

-We barely know each other, so why do you care about me? – Hyunjin asked, confused.

-I think you are interesting, and now, I have another reason to be close to you. My friend is your step-brother, and I like you a lot. – I admitted, causing Hyunjin to avert his sight shyly. I smiled at Hyunjin's reaction while feeling somewhat happier. -Hyunjin, may I ask you something? – I questioned, immediately regaining Hyunjin's attention back.

-What is it? – Hyunjin asked.

-Whenever you want to talk, remember you can count on me. Could you keep that in mind? – I sincerely told Hyunjin. His cheeks immediately blushed, but then he nodded before continuing painting. I happily admired his art while moving my head gently, feeling satisfied with Hyunjin's response.

Later the same day. – At the dance academy.

I went home after spending some time with Hyunjin. After all, I needed to go since Minho needed me at the academy. My friends and I decided to go today to finish the new choreography for a competition the academy will join. Hence, I couldn't stay longer with Hyunjin even if I wanted to do so.

An Eternal Oath: The Rose's Abyss || HYUNLIXOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara