{Chapter Seven}

_____"Now I don't expect you to understand/just to live what little life your broken heart can" - Uneven Odds (Sleeping At Last) _____

_____
"Now I don't expect you to understand/just to live what little life your broken heart can"
- Uneven Odds (Sleeping At Last)
_____

A FATHER DAUGHTER REUNION FAR TO LONG IN THE MAKING

SILENCE HUNG IN THE AIR between them for a good few minutes while all the two did was stare each other down, take each other in. It was the first time the two had seen each other since that day over six years ago where Posideon showed his human side and begged his ten year old to try and understand things from his perspective, but Arya had refused to listen and her last words to him were that she didn't want to see him again.

How times changed.

Arya wasn't sure exactly what she was looking for while she took in the man that was supposed to be her father. He was a god, he could appear in any form he wanted, and this one, the beat up, rugged, fisherman look was always his go too. She knew he didn't age at all, yet she was looking for new wrinkles, and grey hair. She was unable to find any.

Posideon was taking in the grown version of his daughter who he hadn't seen in person since she was ten. She had grown a lot since then. She was only sixteen, but with her defined features, regal posture, and wisdom filled eyes, she looked like she could be a minor goddess. She looked almost like an adult. She carried herself with unwavering confidence, and a hard glare. Completely opposite to the terrified, crying girl, he found himself in front of his brother on Olympus. The girl in front of him looked like his daughter, with the same hair and eyes. But she was not the daughter he knew all those years ago.

To neither of their surprise, Arya was the one who broke the silence.

"So did you finally decide to break the rules? Or did brother dearest decide to quit being a hard ass?"

He was surprised by her bluntness, he shouldn't have been. He had heard plenty of complaints from Zeus about her behavior over the years, and of course he had been on the receiving end of the bitter rants a few times. Seeing it in person was different, she had no fear for repercussions when she spoke her harsh words. It was almost commendable.

"I know I should have warned you. But I was worried if you knew I was coming, you wouldn't show up." He said.

"Worried about me?" She scoffed, "Never would have guessed that one."

"Arya, we need to talk, and I know it's been far too long, but I'm here now." He gestured to the deck, she only crossed her arms over her chest in response.

"You don't know how badly I want to send you away, to tell you that I have nothing to say to you." She snapped, watching closely to see him leaning in ever so slightly to her, inviting her to continue. "But I'm trying to be more open, and that wouldn't be the truth. The truth is, I have everything to say to you, and so many questions to ask. And it kills me, because you don't deserve that satisfaction."