{Chatper Twenty-One}

______"The time will come, when you will have to rise/ above the rest and prove yourself Your spirit never dies" - Warriors (Imagine Dragons) ______

______
"The time will come, when you will have to rise/ above the rest and prove yourself
Your spirit never dies"
- Warriors (Imagine Dragons)
______

DEFENDING THE HOMELAND

NO MATER HOW MANY BOOKS ARYA READ, no matter how many movies she watched, no matter how ready she thought she was. Nothing could prepare her for what it was like to stand on a battlefield, waiting, watching, as an army runs at you full speed. No words could describe what it feels like to stand there and be completely as prepared as possible, and yet not know if you were going to make it out alive. The Daughter of Poseidon got to relax for a total of five minutes. Getting told she won't have to fight the Titan Lord inhabiting the body of her love was something that anybody would let out a sigh of relief at. She thought she was in the clear, but as the army came barreling out of the labyrinth entrance, it occurred to her that she could die just as easily to one of the hundreds of monsters running her way at this moment.

Time seemed to slow, and Arya took the moment to look at her friends one more time, and send a prayer to the gods that everyone would make it out safe. She knew it was wishful thinking, but she felt the need to at least try.

Everything sped back up, and the fighting started. Arya was bouncing back and forth between her feet as she heard her best friend call fire from the back of the line. The catapults released and once they landed, took out about half a dozen gorgons who had just come out of the maze and were about to take flight.

Over on the right side, Tyson was screaming as he was successfully making his way up the back of a giant.

Behind her, Thee Apollo kids aim was on par today as every single one of their bow shots, landed successfully, making monsters drops left and right.

All positives are met with negatives, however, as the Ares and Athena cabin was struggling to fight the monsters hand to hand, especially with the ratio being about 10 monsters to one cabin member.

Then the hellhounds jumped out, and ran two opposite directions.

"Take one each! GO!" Chiron called.

Without taking a moment to even share a look, Arya and Percy took off in two completely different directions.

Camp was in complete chaos. Arya took her trident and sliced through enemies left and right as she ran, compared to her, none of them were able to put up much of a fight. To her left she saw the Athena kids with swords drawn, taking on a dozen dracena. She let them go, knowing it was more important for her to get to the hellhound.