{Chapter Ten}

______

______

Soldier keep on marchin' on/Head down 'til the work is done
Waiting on that morning sun/Soldier keep on marchin' on
- Soldier (Fleurie Ft. Tommee Profitt)

______

SCHEDULED NIGHTMARES AND QUESTS, AREN'T A GOOD MIX

AFTER EVERYTHING THEY HAD JUST GONE THROUGH to get the hundred handed one out, and back into the maze, he just up and left, saying he would be no help to them. He let Tyson crying in Arya's arms, heart broken that his hero had amounted to nothing.

To say Arya was mad was an understatement. She watched Briaris walk away from them and the waterfalls in the room they were in started to swell, and push out water more aggressively. As she rubbed Tysons massive back in an attempt to calm him down, she had her eyes squeezed shut, and her breathing was slow and heavy.

But the waterfalls didn't stop roaring until Tyson had calmed down enough for them to keep moving.

They walked for what felt like another couple of hours, before coming into a large corridor that resembled a greek tomb. It was the first area they had been in that felt like it had been made in Ancient Greece.

Annabeth pointed out that they must be close to Dedalus' workshop, and that now would be a good time to rest. Grover took no issue with the statement and was fast asleep. The others weren't as eager to shut their eyes and become vulnerable to the monstrosity that is the labyrinth. Tyson kept to himself mostly, doing what he does best, tinkering. Except he never seemed happy with anything he was putting together and every few minutes he would let out a groan, disassemble, and start to put back together. Arya knew the feeling well, he was frustrated, his mind wasn't focused on his building and so nothing he did was going to be good enough. But eventually Tyson succumbed to sleep as well.
As Percy walked over to Annabeth, Arya distanced herself and worked hard to make herself look busy. At first she ate a few power bars she packed, feeling particularly famished from the prison break. Then she summoned her new trident and started to pick and play with that. But her mind was wandering, and she couldn't help when her eyes wandered upwards to take in Annabeth and Percy.

They were talking like she wasn't there. Like it was just the two of them in the world and no one else mattered. She couldn't hear them, she didn't try. It was a private conversation. She saw how close they were, and how comfortable they were around each other. She had known Percy a while now, and Annabeth even longer. She looked at both of them as younger siblings, and knew them well. She had suspicions that they had feelings for each other, it would have been more impressive, if, after all they've been through together, that they didn't have feelings for each other. But here, in the quiet cavern, both of them had every emotion they we're feeling out on their faces as they talked and consoled one another. No one could look at the two of them at this moment and convince themselves that Percy and Annabeth weren't destined for each other.