{Chapter Nine}

_____

_____

'Cause wherever you go, wherever you go/With the Devil you know you'r never alone
It's better to know the Devil you know/The Devil you don't
— The Devil You Know (X Ambassadors)

_____

THE NEW TRIDENT IN ACTION

NO ONE WAS IN A PARTICULARLY GOOD MOOD after the Hera conversation. No one knew exactly what the god was playing at. Arya's theory was, while her family thing was good enough to fool everyone else, Hera wanted to keep her power just as much as the rest of the olympians, she didn't care what it would take.

Annabeth tried to push Percy into telling her what Hera meant about knowing the way through the maze but neither he, nor anyone else knew what she was referring too.

The group decided as a whole that they needed to continue moving and they did, for who knows how long. Eventually they had to start running because a giant monster was chasing them, and somehow or another, Tyson collapsed a tunnel to prevent them from being caught, but it ended up with them inside of a prison with no way out.

"We trapped it," Percy said.

"Or trapped ourselves," Grover responded, pointing out the fact that they were in a cell.

They all walked up to the bars and tried to tug on them, but it was useless. While the others kept trying, Arya walked back up to the sealed pathway to see if they could get back through, but she wasn't sure it was worth the risk.

"A prison." Percy concluded while his sister rolled her eyes at his stupidity. "Maybe Tyson can-"

"Shh. Listen." Groover demanded, holding his hand up to silence them. The demigods strained their ears and after a couple of seconds caught
wind of what the satyr was hearing. It was a mix of crying and and a grating voice that was saying something that none of them could make out.

"What's that language?" Percy whispered but none of them could answer.

Tyson's eyes widened, and Arya couldn't tell if it was a good or bad thing. "Can't be."

"What?" Percy asked.

But Tyson still didn't completely understand what it meant to use his words, so instead he grabbed the middle two bars and pried them open with less struggle than it took Arya to open a granola bar.

"Wait!" Grover called.

But Arya wasn't listening to him, instead she started jogging after Tyson to keep up with the ever growing cyclopes.