{Chapter Thirteen}

_____

_____

"If I could go back and change the past/Be a little braver than I had
And bet against the odds/Would I still be lost?"
- Wondering (Julia Lester and Olivia Rodrigo)

_____

Decisions, Decisions

"TELL ME ABOUT YOUR DAEDALUS DREAMS" Arya said as her and Percy walked shoulder in shoulder, falling behind the others as Annaebth followed the spider.

"Why?" Percy asked, readjusting the grip on his sword.

"I don't know, I just feel like something is off about this whole thing. And your dreams always mean something."

Percy didn't go into too much detail, but he explained that Minos was the one that put Deadalus into the labyrinth and forced him into building things. How Icarus was with him from the beginning. Stuff that Arya already knew. But then, he described how Deadalus had a nephew who was a threat to him, and when the nephew came to visit him, Daedalus lost it and shoved him out of a window to kill him, and that's how he got his imprisonment in the labyrinth.

Arya thought it through in her head and decided that the dreams held no immediate answer, but they must be important if Percy was getting them.

Everyone continued to follow the spider and they were doing an okay job keeping up with it, that was until there was a converging pathway and the spider went one, while Grover dead stopped at the other.

"What is it?" Percy said.

Grover didn't answer or move, he was far to entranced with the tunnel.

"Come on!" Annabeth said. "We have to keep moving."

"This is the way," Grover muttered. "This is it."

"What way?" Percy asked.

"You mean...to Pan?" Arya added in, finding it hard to believe the God of the Wild would be down the dark earthy pathway in the labyrinth. However, the last time Grover had a feeling about Pan, the god had sent them a wild boar that took them across an entire state, so who was she to argue?

Grover looked at Tyson with hope in his eyes. "Don't you smell it?"

"Dirt," Tyson said. "And plants."

"Yes! This is the way. I'm sure of it!"

The patter of the spider legs were gone, meaning that the spider was getting too far away from them.