20

Chapter 20: Garbage Star
On the way to the medical research institute, Ge Xiu curled up in his seat listlessly, with his chin resting on his knees in a drowsy posture, and he was too lazy to move all the way.

    Lulai didn’t seem to mind it.

    He sat not far away with his eyes closed, his two long legs crossed and his slender palms were overlapping on his knees. Deep contours of his face were illuminated by the sea of stars intertwined with light and shadow outside the porthole.

    There was an unexplainable stagnant atmosphere in the cabin. The air seemed to be a thick and slow-flowing liquid, pressing heavily on everyone’s chests.

    The other crew members in the starship were simply miserable. They moved silently, even breathing carefully, for fear of making any unnecessary noise – they had never missed Hall so much. This time, due to Lulai’s whim, as the captain’s adjutant, Hall replaced him and stayed on the main ship to oversee the overall situation. Without Hall’s presence, Lulai’s strong aura pressured them and the crew was silent and wanted to cry but had no tears.

    Every minute and every second seemed to stretch into a century.

    Finally, after two space jumps, the starship finally came to its destination – the medical research center in the second galaxy, which was a medical institution second only to the medical research institute of the first Alliance’s galaxy in the entire interstellar.

    It was built on an asteroid on the edge of the second galaxy and countless sophisticated and expensive medical equipment and medical experiments were strictly protected behind layers of defense.

    The starship moved slowly into the main medical area.

    The management personnel approached had no idea that the Supreme Commander would come in person. When he saw Lulai, he was taken aback and almost tripped to the ground. He saluted Lulai in fear. He stammered a compliment, the sweat dripping from his forehead almost soaking the crumpled handkerchief in his hand.

    Ge Xiu raised his eyes and scanned the manager’s tense, nervous face, chuckled softly and then lazily closed his eyes again.

    Lulai raised his hand to stop the manager’s unnecessary compliments and then asked unhurriedly:

    “Where is medical detection device in this institute?”

    The manager wiped the sweat from his forehead and said, “I, I can take you there. How do you plan to transform the patient? We have the most high-end isolation capsule in the entire interstellar space…”

    Lulai interrupted him: “No need.”

    He stepped closer to Ge Xiu, bent over to unlock the safety device for him and hugged him up.

    Ge Xiu rolled his eyes, moved lightly and swiftly to avoid Lulai’s arm and jumped out of his arms: “Don’t worry, I can walk.”

    Lulai withdrew his hand unaffected, curled up his hand, seemingly a little regretful.

    He turned his head to look at the shocked and bewildered manager and naturally commanded:

    “Lead the way.”

    The medical testing center here is more sophisticated and sophisticated than the main ship in both its instruments and facilities, with countless shining smart light screens embedded in it. On the snow-white smooth walls, the dome is extremely high, making the entire space as if wrapped in a sleek eggshell, looking clean and simple.

    Ge Xiu lay in the semi-enclosed streamlined instrument and on the side of the light screen there was a blue data stream flowing and changing at an extremely fast speed.