27

Elinor stared at the heart in front of him.

    The bloody food that was still beating stimulated his senses, abundant saliva began to secrete in his mouth, the instinct of a beast urged him to eat.

    The power of light remaining in the body clamoured in his mind.

    Of course, nothing would happen if he ate it.

    As a god with war as a source of faith, Elinor never resisted killing, not to mention that he is a Fenrir god. The Fenrir race has always enjoyed fighting and hunting. It’s in their instinct and nature to swallow the flesh and blood of the enemy.

    However, everything was different when he was deprived of his godhead and the power of faith was lost.

    Eating the flesh and blood of dark creatures would make him begin to absorb and transform the dark elements here, and he would completely belong to the dark camp.

    The rich dark elements at the bottom of the abyss would no longer burn his body, but would strengthen and nourish him, so that the wounds on his body heal quicker and make him stronger again.

    However, this also meant being sealed in Calvary forever.

    The seal created by the God of Light used the bones of the God of Darkness as its material, and it only has a binding effect on all creatures in the dark camp. He was just under a curse that forced him to the other side of the mainland, and the seal couldn’t stop him. But once he turned to the dark camp, the seal of Calvary would take effect, and he would never be able to leave.

    That would make his revenge impossible.

    Elinor stared tightly at the tempting bloody food in front of him. The golden eyes were filled with craving for blood, but he closed his eyes and looked away.

    Ge Xiu’s wasn’t surprised by his reaction.

    He could still see the fluctuating white halo inside the little wolf’s body. This light was very weak under the erosion and pressure of the surrounding darkness, but it was very stable and unshakeable.

    But, it doesn’t hurt to try.

    He shrugged indifferently, threw the heart back into the backpack, then put the backpack in the corner of the cave, turned his head and said to the little wolf:

    “In case you change your mind.”

    After speaking, Ge Xiu rested his cheek on his hand, feeling it’s a little troublesome.

    In his memories, he had never raised anything. Even if he took care of something before he got arrested he had forgotten it all.

    Ge Xiu’s gaze stopped on the little wolf who was lying on the ground, feeling a little at a loss for a while, not sure what to do next.

    So, he began to recall in his mind all the peculiar books that he had read in the medical research center before, and with his good memory, he remembered the contents of several reference books on how to take care of pets.

    Although this world wasn’t the same, the fundamental idea should be similar… right?

    Ge Xiu scratched his cheek hesitantly.

    He looked around the empty cave and frowned. He looked at the little wolf lying on the ground, and said casually:

    “Don’t run around, I’ll be back soon.”

The little wolf laid motionlessly on the ground, and didn’t react to his words at all.

    Ge Xiu didn’t expect a response. He walked out on his own, added a few more defensive and concealing barriers at the entrance of the cave to ensure that no creatures could get in, or out, then he leaped out of the cave with ease, and disappeared into the darkness in a few jumps.