72

This was the last scene that appeared on the screen.

    The next second, the live broadcast was cut off.

    Avery sucked in a breath of cold air, and as if he still couldn’t recover from the impact he stared blankly at the dark screen in front of him:

    “This omega…”

    As if he couldn’t think of any suitable adjectives, he paused.

    For a moment he didn’t know how to end this sentence.

    The walls around him were still shaking violently, and there was a faint sound of explosions in the distance, but the three people in the luxury suite were still not panicked, as if the exploding of the ship had nothing to do with them.

    “Captain, the light ship is already waiting outside the Marauder.” Joseph turned his head to look at the man sitting in the corner of the room, and asked cautiously:

    “However, the auction has not yet had time to start, should I directly send a signal to them to attack the cargo hold and get our goods back?”

    “Yes. Let’s attack.”

    Haines nodded casually.

    He stood up unhurriedly, reached for the coat on the chair, and strode out.

    Avery recovered at this moment, dropped the screen and stood up hastily.

    He asked suspiciously:

    “Captain… Do you need to go anywhere else? We have basically achieved our goal this time, and the rest of the spaceship is too dangerous right now… You…”

    He hardly said two sentences before Joseph jabbed him hard with his elbow.

    Avery said “ouch” and turned his head to look at each other in exasperation: “What are you doing?”

    Haines’ back had disappeared outside the door.

    Joseph shook his head in disgust: “Why are you so stupid at a critical moment? Why do you think the Captain bought that dagger in the wormhole just now?”

    He winked teasingly, lowered his voice, and hinted secretively:

    “…We may have a Captain’s wife.”

    Avery suddenly realized.

    He and Joseph looked at each other and laughed knowingly.

    ·

    The metal corridor was collapsing.

    Ge Xiu took a deep breath, clutching his most seriously injured abdomen, struggled to walk past the dead insect corpse on the ground for a long time, and walked towards the door step by step.

    The door had lost power due to the burnt circuit, and opened loosely.

    Thick blood spilled through his pale fingers and tickled to the ground, leaving trails of blood in the places he had walked through.

    As he passed through the door, the entire hull trembled again.

    Ge Xiu’s figure staggered.

    He rested his shoulders against the wall for a few seconds, calmed his breathing, and continued to slowly walk forward along the slightly sloping corridor.

    His blood-stained upper and lower eyelashes were tightly glued together, and he could only peer through the gaps in dried blood scabs.

    Ge Xiu knew very well which direction he was going to go.