50

Stagnant silence filled the air.

    After a long time, Rowett finally spoke thoughtfully and slowly said: “So you mean… he feeds on humans, right?”

    The merchant was taken aback, he didn’t expect that from the words he said just now the other party would actually came to this conclusion. He raised his head in panic, his chubby body trembling in fear and panic, as he stammered: “Your Majesty…I, this is just a guess. After all, sirens only exist in the legend. I, I don’t know if he is or not…”

    He gritted his teeth, and finally gathered courage to tremblingly tell his inner thoughts:

    “Moreover, if, if , If my guess is really correct, I actually don’t recommend to continue to raise him. According to the legends, the siren is a mysterious sea monster, and it will cause all ships swimming past in the sea to sink in the storm without exception. Their temperament is ferocious and cruel, not as docile and harmless as a mermaid, and they are likely to pose a threat to Your Majesty’s safety! You might as well avoid further troubles…”

    Rowett calmly interrupted him: “Avoid further troubles? You suggest I should kill him? Because you think he is a threat to me?”

    The merchant felt cold on his back, and he suddenly broke into cold sweat: “No, no, no…”

    Rowett looked away indifferently and did not continue to question, only made a simple gesture to the soldiers and then stood up.

    The merchant raised his head in confusion. Before he could figure out what was going on, the heavy butt of the rifle pushed him on the back, forcing him to move forward.

    Passing through the magnificent corridor, they came to the newly built glass house. The afterglow of the setting sun was reflected on the glass and the water surface with vivid and dazzling colours. In the huge fish lake-like pond, there could be seen a brilliant blue and purple fishtail flashing in the depths of the water, and the moist water vapour filled the air, making the atmosphere seem almost psychedelic and bewitching.

    Ge Xiu had already heard the chaotic footsteps coming from a distance, but this time he was not interested in floating up and taking a look.

    The effect of the anaesthetic in his body has completely disappeared, and he lazily swung his fishtail, slowly shuttling among the swaying water plants, inspecting this area temporarily belonging to him.

    Until the man’s low voice came from above his head:

    “This is the person who caught you in the first place. Are you interested?”

    The soldier pushed the pudgy frightened merchant to stagger two steps forward, until he stood on the edge of the fish pond tremblingly. His mediocre and fat face was full of horror, as he stared in terror at the calm water surface without the slightest ripples in horror, and he shook his head desperately, but there seemed to be something stuck in his throat and he couldn’t let a sound.

    In his mind there were only merman’s eyes, filled with hatred, when he was hunting him.

    It’s over, it’s over…

    Rowett sat down on the chair, his slender legs crossed, and on his handsome face there was no mercy or prejudice, only heartless indifference.

    He asked the merman in the pool gently:

    “Are you hungry?”

    The mermaid slowly floated to the surface of the water from the bottom, his body gradually appeared in the shallow water, the long blue and purple hair curled around the beautifully-lined shoulders, his smooth white skin shimmered like a pearl in the setting sun, but such a beautiful scene looked like death in the eyes of the merchant, approaching step by step—