58

The people trained by Rowett were extremely efficient and in just a few minutes, the banquet hall was restored to its previous appearance, leaving no trace of panic and chaos, and it completely restored the ball to its original luxurious and peaceful appearance.

    The unexpected assassination seemed like an insignificant episode to the whole ball.

    And that person was just hit in the shoulder, was not yet dead, and was dragged away by the soldiers who rushed up.

    What awaited him next was self-evident.

    His Majesty the Emperor left in a hurry.

    Whether it was the interrogation, development of the next strategy, or the taking security accountable, it would be obviously a bloody storm.

    Ge Xiu stayed at the banquet without any psychological burden.

    To be honest, without Rowett, he could be more relaxed and comfortable, and as Rowett’s dance partner, not only did no one dared to come forward to invite him to dance, but they were even quite apprehensive to do so because of his previously revealed skills, even the undisguised looks from the beginning became a lot less.

    So, Ge Xiu ran directly to the long-coveted dining table.

    The fragrant roast suckling pig was drizzled with golden honey, placed together with soft pigeon pie and colourful cold cuts. The high-stacked cocktails shone with colourful lights under the light, like a sea of strong wine fragrance.

    Ge Xiu devoted himself to it, trying to fill his stomach.

    He quickly swept to the last dessert table and found the candy tower he was looking forward to.

    Ge Xiu peeled off a piece of chocolate and stuffed it into his mouth.

    The warm and slightly bitter cocoa melted in the mouth. After biting off the fragile shell, the rum with the rich fruit wine and sweet fragrance overflowed instantly, flowing along the tip of the tongue and spreading throughout the mouth. The sweetness of the chocolate syrup mixed together for an unforgettable and wondrous feeling.

    Ge Xiu’s eyes lit up, and after eating one, he stretched out his hand to the next one.

    Just as he lowered his head and patiently peeled off the colourful packaging wrapped around the chocolate, a figure slowly walked towards him and stopped beside him.

    As Ge Xiu threw the chocolate into his mouth, he raised his head in a hurry and glanced beside him.

    It was a beautiful girl with fair skin and a slender figure. The long blue dress outlined her graceful figure, and the long blond hair was draped over her shoulders, making her look more beautiful and graceful.

    Christine Albert looked at the teenager who was busy eating, and a trace of deep jealousy flashed in her eyes.

     She has always felt that she was beautiful in appearance and had a noble family background. All the young talents who were worshipping her have proved that she was irresistible, but…

    Although the young man in front of her was stuffing something into his mouth unseemly, a bit of chocolate syrup was smeared on his cheeks, and this almost vulgar gesture was not without the slightest rudeness in face of her background, and it even seemed extraordinarily naive and charming—but he was standing beside him, with mediocre facial features, pale skin, and a vulgar posture.

    Christine Albert clenched her fingers in hatred, and an uncontrollable sense of anger and inferiority welled up in her heart.

    The thin white fingers were slightly red due to the exertion.