64

“So what should we do now?” The leader lowered his voice and asked in an irritated voice.

    The other person didn’t seem completely sure: “We should just… pour it directly into the water, right?”

    “What about the amount?”

    “This… They didn’t say it…” The man replied hesitantly: “Although it is said it doesn’t have much effect on mermaid’s body, but I’m not too sure about it, why don’t we try half of it first?”

    They talked quietly on the shore.

    No one saw that, under the moonlight, a bluish-purple shadow passed quickly and silently under the water.

    The man in the lead finally made a decision. He squeezed the reagent, stepped forward cautiously, looked down at the lake, which seemed dark and deep at night, and then reached out to trying unplug the reagent tube.

    At this moment, a clear and violent sound of water suddenly resounded throughout the glass room.

    The few people who were waiting in the back saw only a blurred movement in front of their eyes, and they could hardly see the process. They saw that the man who was standing by the pool had disappeared, and there was only a water stain where he stood just now, and the test tube with blue-purple liquid fell to the ground and rolled to their feet.

    They hurried to the edge of the pool.

    They saw that on the water surface where the colour of the water and moonlight intertwined, the white-skinned mermaid pressed the terrified human against the wall. His face was shrouded in the shadows but the blue-purple eyes were filled with pure wildness and ferocity, and his voice was cold and indifferent: “Who sent you here?”

    This… Was this really the legendary gentle mermaid?

    Everyone was horrified.

    The man with the neck stuck raised his eyes to look at the other people on the shore, and his throat let out a hoarse hiss with difficulty: “…Test tube…”

    The others woke up from a dream.

    One of the smarter people picked up the test tube, and then stumbled to the edge of the pool with his feet slipping. He was about to continue the task that the man had not completed before, but he did not think that the merman was faster and more agile than they thought.

    A huge blue-purple tail swept over from below the water surface, and a crisp sound of bone cracking sounded, followed by a miserable howl of pain.

    The man fell face down into the water.

    The test tube containing the potion slipped from his hand and flipped in the air.

    The mermaid rushed in the direction of the test tube, but before his hand touched the test tube, it slammed on the hard edge of the pool with a harsh—”crack“.

    The glass bottle, which was full of delicate cracks due to the last dropping, suddenly shattered on the impact, and all of the blue reagent instantly and silently merged into the pool water, disappearing without a trace in an instant.

    Ge Xiu was stunned.

    The moonlight was like a gauze or a mist, and it was quietly scattered over the surface of the dark pool, the water was glimmering with shallow spots of light.

    In the next second, an astonishing hotness swept in like a violent storm, and the gnawing tingling-like feeling penetrated into his body from the gaps in the scales of his tail, and the pool water that was intimately clinging to the skin seemed to heat up suddenly, as if he was thrown directly into the boiling magma. This almost painful feeling was like torture, cutting into his flesh inch by inch.