36

On the opposite side of the mainland.

    The spires of the towering towers pointed straight to the dark and eternal night sky, and a waning scarlet moon hung far in the sky, like an unhealed scar.

    A strong smell of blood spread in the magic city Este.

    All the creatures in the city trembled in this extremely heavy atmosphere, even the demons at the top of the food chain in the magic city were being more cautious than usual, as to not to lead to catastrophe due to negligence.

    ——The magic city was about to change.

    This was the only agreement of all dark creatures.

    For many ages, the Melville family had been the top nobles among the high level demons. Each of their patriarchs had purple eyes bestowed by the Dark God and a strong affinity for dark elements. They ruled the most powerful organization of mages on the entire continent- their status had never been shaken in the slightest for thousands of years.

    Until now.

    The current patriarch of the Melville’s family made terrible mistakes one after another.

    The process of finding a way to crack the seal could be traced tens of thousands of years back in the past. The research and study of several epochs had made the corpses buried deep under the Mage Tower fall deeper and deeper. In addition to the conscious and voluntary victims, most of them were failed and slaughtered objects of experiments. In such a long period of time, only one human survived the terrible experiments, but was treated as a corpse by the mages of the Melville family – even though they argued that the experimental object did not have vital signs at that time, it didn’t offset the fatal mistake they committed.

    What’s worse, this was just the beginning.

    After they failed the search with all the manpower, they were even led by the nose. Not only did they lost the only key, but they also missed the once-in-a-millennium full moon.

    They showed their weakness in front of the entire world of darkness.

    This land without sunlight supports strong, praises cruelty, and glorifies privilege, but the only thing they can’t tolerate is weakness.

    Although the Melville family still retained its former status for the time being, their prestige has already plummeted. The other demon families who had been under their feet for thousands of years were ready to move, plotting rebellions or riots, and grabbing the long coveted status and power – if they couldn’t recover their losses in a short time, then what awaited them would be elimination and annexation of other high-level demon clans.

    This was the most heavily that Mage Tower was guarded in a thousand years.

    Countless high-level demons and demon subordinates loyal to the family patrolled closely around the tower, casting complex magic circles and guarding spells to protect the entire stone tower from the wind, and it felt as if there was some kind of pressing tension, putting them under heavy pressure everywhere.

    In the tall spire of the Mage Tower, the scattered and dim bloody moonlight could hardly pass through the narrow windows, the room filled with alchemy equipment and old parchments was shrouded in darkness, only the scattered spell stones on the table shone with indistinct light.

    Melville paced anxiously in the room.

    The demon mage knelt in front of him, whispering something.

    But before he could finish speaking, Melville interrupted in a heavy tone, “Do you know what your proposal represents?”

    The mage choked, the feeble sound of his voice became a little louder, and he whispered: ” Yes…but, my lord, only the attraction between the sanctuary and the sacred place is true…”