Authors' Introduction

When muted voices. . .

Meet deaf ears. . .

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Intro:

Welcome to the first part of The Fault in Our Sound, an MHA OC fanfiction by myself, aBitGrim, and the talented FoxyPuff! This book has been a long-time project between Foxy and myself, and we are so happy to release the first misc chapter!

This story is a crossover between the MHA x OC fics Muted Voices and I See Dead People written by FoxyPuff and aBitGrim respectively.

Updates for chapter one will begin Friday the 24th! Chapter two will follow the next day on the 25th, and after that, chapter updates will be consistent, every Saturday.

TFIOS is a collaborative story taking place in the universe of My Hero Academia, and credit goes to the creators for that. However, this is an all OC based story, and none of the cannon cast will appear.

A special thank you goes out to Juni_Penguin_ for creating our cover and the Rocket and Koto POV banners at the start of each chapter! Thank you so much, Jun!

There's a lot to clear up before we begin with chapter one, so let's get to it!

Important background Info:

• The following events are not canon within any of the stories we're collaborating with! This is a fiction plot of a fanfiction, so take that with a pinch of salt.

• There will be no cannon characters from MHA! This is purely OC based, so all credit to the characters go to their respective authors.

• This will involve heavy cursing and some fight scenes. Heavy topics such as mental health and self harm will also be mentioned (not depicted), but if you are someone who is sensitive to these topics, read with caution.

• Every other chapter is a different POV. The odd numbered chapters will be in the perspective of Rocket while the even ones are through the eyes of Koto. The writing will also switch between the styles of Grim and Foxy to accommodate this.

• Both main characters have very detailed Quirks described in their books, but we can't expect all readers to be familiar with them. Here are the descriptions to the Quirks of the two main characters, Koto and Rocket

Rocket: Muted Medium. This allows Rocket to communicate with the ghosts and spirits that have yet to pass on telepathically. While he cannot see or hear all ghosts, he sticks close to the spirits of Thomas Edison, Cleopatra, and Jack the Ripper. Although, this power leaves Rocket deaf and mute to the living world.

Koto: Illuse. This allows Koto to create sounds that she knows well in places other than her vocal cords. While she is mute, she generally uses this ability to create a node of sound in front of her mouth, giving the illusion of speech. This additionally creates vibrations in the air that she uses in battle.

• Many OCs will be used here, and not all of them belong to Foxy or Grim! Credit to the OCs are as follows, but know that this is a massive crossover between many books!

Dedication:

We'd like to start by dedicating this book to all our friends over at the UAStorytellers! We would not have had the privilege to write this story without their support and motivation for our crack ship! This ship is sailing because of them, and they deserve a big thank you for it.

We'd also like to thank many of them for the use of their fantastic original characters! The OCs referenced in this book are credited below.

FoxyPuff: Koto, Reina, Ruri, Uka, Yuta, and Chemex

Grim: Rocket, Snake, Dani, Double, Q, Rose, Mocha, DJ and Siri.

JunieWeathers: Tami, Sakura, Kaito, Raiden, Daigo, Mr. Elastic, and Ape-X

sd1229: Kita, Mori, Misaki, Akiba, Ivana, Solaris, and Tauren

Juni_Penguin_: Akihiko and Tanami

riceygirl101: Iris

eVolution04: Suki and Hinata

sun_jin: Vivi, Kimbi, and Junichi

-butterfly--effect-: Aoi

AaronV11: Blake

A huge thank you to every single author here. They have made writing such an adventure, and we hope all of them enjoy seeing their characters here!

Thank you again to everyone picking up this story and giving it a chance. This has been something we've looked forward to, and we hope you enjoy The Fault In Our Sound!

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

} ───── ⊰