24. Friends exist

.

.

.

━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

You never thought you'd be sitting on the grass with Itadori talking with a gloomy emo kid.

What's more funny you never thought this emo kid would be nice. He is okay. Itadori seems to like him a lot which makes you kind of jealous that he isn't paying any attention to you.

They were talking about manga and things you didn't really understand and you were starting to get bored. You got up and excused yourself.

"What?" Itadori said to loud for your liking. "You are leaving already?"

"Yup," You planned to leave it like that but Itadori tilted his head like a puppy and you couldn't just leave him like that. You sighed. "I am kinda tired, we've been training all day."

"Oh," He said pondering about his decisions looking between you and Junpei. "I'll go with you let me just—"

Junpei visibly disappointed, not really wanting Itadori to leave. He was the nicest person to him so far. You smiled and felt a small victory at his sad face. Regardless, you said, "No yuuji, I am okay really." You motioned to Junpei. "Stay for a while, you two seem to get along."

"Are you sure?" Yuuji really was like a dog — a golden retriever to be specific— he was sweet and loyal, the perfect friend. "I could come with you I'll come back tomorrow anyway, right Junpei?"

Junpei seemed taken a back and a little nervous to speak up. "Y-yeah."

You chuckled. "It's fine Yuuji, really." You said. "I'll get some food and wait for you at the hotel, alright?"

Itadori seem to not like this idea but he accepted it regardless knowing there is nothing he can do to chan he your mind. You waved your goodbyes and left.

You didn't have nothing against Junpei but you don owe him anything either. You are more neutral about him, you don't like him nor hate him. Perhaps, you just don't like strangers and you like to thing that you don't owe kindness to anyone, specially the weak. Junpei seemed weak.

"What do you want creep." You've been walking for a while but his presence was starting to bother you. If he didn't say what he wanted then you will literally kick his ass. "Stop following me, Mahito."