Sixteen part three.

Prince's POV:

I felt her body press against mine for the second time and I realized that she too was trying to forget our reality, one that was breaking her heart more than she was going to tell me. The fact that we were in a hospital room bathroom didn't seem to matter to her and I smirked, noting that her restrictions that were controlled by an IV pole a few feet away weren't as restrictive anymore. Her arms wrapped around my neck and she led me down to the tiled floor before mumbling something against my lips that made my heart race. "Let's adopt baby P." Pulling away from her, I leaned my back against the wall and slowly brought her body in between my legs as the water from the shower head above reminded me where we were and what she was indirectly asking me.

We had a routine, one that we kept going throughout our relationship, and one I knew she was doing now. The shower was her escape from reality when we were together. We shared secrets that stayed there once we were done. It became a routine, no matter where we were. I never understood why she did it, especially when she'd come over from her father's, until now. She'd just remove her clothes and take me in there with her. She'd take three showers a day, sometimes she'd rub her skin almost raw and she would never tell me why.

"That was silly of me to say, I'm sorry." She whispered softly before I saw her start to get up, her legs shaking as she attempted to get herself off the floor. Grabbing her hand, I pulled her back to where I was sitting, turning her around to face me as I took a breath and kissed her once more, the idea of adopting the baby boy I've bonded with was one that I had thought about on more than one occasion, and I had no hesitation on my decision. "Let's do it," I said against her lips, almost like a forbidden secret that only we knew.

"What?" She asked, widening her eyes and smiling like a child on Christmas Day and I fell more in love with her as we sat in the shower floor in our own little world. In that moment, I knew that I was going to spend the rest of my life with her, and my palms became sweaty at the realization that I kept the ring after all the years we were apart. I kept it, and I was planning on asking her to marry me sooner rather than later. I wanted her forever, just like I knew she wanted me but I was afraid I was running out of time. "P, are you serious?" Nodding, I bit my lip and smiled happily before I held her hands in mine.

"I'm serious." I mumbled softly, watching her eyes light up at my reaction. "Let's do it," I said, kissing her cheek and trying to avoid the red liquid seeping from in between her legs, watching the water wash it away like it never existed.

Nodding, Mya kissed my cheek and I got up, bringing her with me as I turned the shower off and grabbed the clean gown off the sink. "You feel okay?" I asked, tying the gown in the back and looking at our reflection in the little mirror. She licked her lips and bowed her head. "I'm just starting to withdrawal. I can really feel it now, that's all. It'll hit me full force eventually." She mumbled, raising her eyebrows at the item in my hands.

"No." She looked offended as I matched her raised eyebrow and shook my head. "It's nothing to be ashamed of, I promise. Lift your leg up," Sighing, Mya did what I asked without looking at me. I knew she knew her body was failing her in more ways than one, I could see it behind those hazel blue eyes and I kissed her reassuringly. Grabbing her hand, I let her lead me back into the uncertain reality that was waiting outside the bathroom door.

-

"You know, Mya is the strongest person I know and sometimes, I think it's her biggest flaw." John mumbled as I walked baby P outside for the first time, his feeding pump and tubes tucked within a backpack on my back. I was letting Mya catch up on sleep and even though I tried to do the same, my brain refused to allow me to close my eyes. He was very alert, his blue eyes stared at me, then at his surroundings. His lips smacked together every time he would be fed formula through the tube in his nose and it made me laugh. "Biggest flaw? Why do you say that?" I asked, cradling the baby in my arms a different way so he could see everything going on around him as we walked.