Sixteen part four.

Prince's POV:

"Sir, she's a fall risk. If you don't move, I'm going to have to have security escort you out so we can do our job." Dr. Hill said to John in a cold tone when I awoke to an empty bed and commotion coming from steps away. Mya's cries and Dr. Hill's arguing overpowered my senses as I sat up and swung my legs over the bed just as I caught sight of the woman I was so madly in love with against the sink, pale, sweating, and covering her ears with the palms of her hands. John was refusing to move and seemed to tune out everything being said to him as he attempted to talk to Mya.

She tried to warn me. She tried to prepare me, but nothing could've prepared me for what I was witnessing and it was breaking my heart. By sitting on her side of the bed, I got a clear view of what was going on and pretty soon, Dr. Smith came into the room and observed the situation with an unreadable expression on her face as her patient continued to stand there. Her arms were shaking and John backed away once he saw her lift her head up and take a breath. The tone she used was filled with emotion and desperation, one that I found myself using during my own misery, except this time, it was multiplied by one hundred.

"Get the hell out," She whispered, turning to face the two individuals closest to her. John's expression dropped but Dr. Hill's stayed the same. Mya wasn't listening to her. They were so used to her being kind and quiet and at the moment, she wasn't being that. Tilting her head, Mya's eyes narrowed slightly and she licked her lips, the tears only got worse the longer she stood there and when nobody moved, the cries of desperation to be left alone became more apparent as Dr. Hill refused to do what she asked. "Please get out, please. I..I'm trying to be nice and I..I don't want to cause problems. Just..I'm begging you to get out of my face," She whispered softly, her voice strained as John stared at her and nodded, waiting for Dr. Hill to follow him.

"You're a fall risk, Mya. Policy states you can't get out of the bed without a nurse present." She said sharply, ignoring the look Mya was giving her when John cleared his throat. "Have you ever withdrawn, Dr. Hill?" He asked, watching her turn around with her eyebrows raised.

He didn't give her a chance to answer his question before he crossed his arms and winked at Mya, cracking the door and standing in front of it afterwards. "Let me tell you from experience in case neither of you have. When you withdrawal from hard drugs, especially when you've been clean for as long as she has, your experience is fifty times worse than a first time user. Your body aches so bad that just touching your skin feels like being burned. The migraine is so great that nothing alleviates it. It worsens. Your stomach cramps so bad that it takes your breath and feels like your being stabbed repeatedly with no breaks in between. You feel dizzy from the nausea, the fever that takes over makes you sweat and shake uncontrollably as your body tries to break it, and if you're like Mya, it throws your body into back to back seizures as it tries to figure out what to do. You can't eat because your stomach can't handle it. But you can't throw up because it's empty, so you end up trying to force yourself to ease the pain by dry heaving so hard that you throw up nothing but bile, which makes you more miserable and desperate for relief. You want to die, to be frank." John said, putting his hands in his pockets and looking at me.

"Those are typical withdrawal symptoms but multipled times fifty. And usually, you can avoid them by taking a drug called methadone or suboxine but she's pregnant and can't. So she has to suffer. You become so irritated that you push everyone away by saying things you don't mean in hopes they'll walk away. You want to be left alone, but you want someone to be there to help you through the worst days of your life. She's just not going to tell anyone." He finished, looking at the doctors in front of him instead of me.