Seventeen part five.

Prince's POV:

"You're not ready to perform again P. I hate to break your little excitement bubble, but you have to fix the mess you created first. How do you expect to go perform when your home life is crumbling? You and Mya, I don't understand where all this arguing is coming from. The anger. And you know what's funny? She's not doing it. It's all you. When she was in the hospital, I get that you two butted heads because of the stress level of the situation. But since she's been here, it's been you that has caused distress. Did you forget she's carrying your child and is very high risk for miscarriage and preterm labor? I just..I don't get you! Are you using again? Is that where these outbursts are coming from? If so, tell me so I can get you help. Professionally this time." It'd been two days since Mya told me she loved me and I was desperate for forgiveness. However, Brian was keeping me from her, he said for the baby's sake and hers.

I shook my head and denied his accusation almost instantly. I was clean and had been ever since I threw the last bottle of pills out almost three months ago. I came to talk to him in my office about the charity event I was slated to perform at and he was wholeheartedly against it. "No. I'm not using anything. I'm clean. No. I didn't forget that Mya is pregnant, nor that she's high risk. You don't think I think about that every day? You don't think I know that realistically, she won't carry our child to full term because she physically can't because of something she did? You don't think I think about something happening while I'm at a meeting or performing? It's bad enough she can't watch Ian by herself! It's just..It's too much for me, Brian. I love her so much, I want so badly to spend the rest of my life with her and have a family. But..she's different and it's hard for me. Okay? She's not stable anymore and honestly I don't think she's-" I knew better than to finish my statement by the way Brian was staring at me in disbelief.

"Are you serious? You think she can't carry a child to full term because of something she did? Do you hear yourself? First of all, I'm going to back away from you because you've once again, said something to piss me off. Let me break this down for you, Prince and please listen because I won't repeat it again. Mya's inability to carry her child to term is not caused by something she did. It's because of the extensive abuse she suffered before you, before you started dating, and after she left you. She was abused so badly that not only did she have to have surgical intervention to repair what was damaged two different times, but she also has severe endometriosis so if you want somebody to blame for her not being able to carry to term, blame her father and Malcom, but do not blame her for it. Furthermore, who says she can't watch Ian on her own? That's what she's been doing the last two and a half days by herself. I let her be alone with him because I know her heart as should you. I'm not going to sit and watch her every move with you guys' foster son. That's absurd and you know it." We stared at each other until he continued.

"It's too much for you? You want to marry her? Have a family? News flash, that's what in sickness and in health means when you say your vows. You should know that, weren't you married a couple times? You don't need to marry her P. Not if you're going to constantly act like this. She's not stable anymore? She could be dead, would you rather want that? What part of catastrophic stroke did you not understand? The catastrophic part? She's different because she has brain damage, something that people try not to draw attention to, except you. You love to throw it in her face, something I would've never expected from you. You don't think she's capable of what? Being a mother? Being a girlfriend? Wife? Wow, that mighty kind of you to insinuate considering you worshipped the ground she walked on before this. You've disappointed me on a whole other level." He said harshly.