Seventeen.

*trigger warning. Please read at your own risk.*

Prince's POV:

"That's a bird right there, and that is an animal called a squirrel." I said to baby P in a soft tone as I pointed and walked with him cradled to my chest in the park the next day. He was enjoying all the sights and sounds, his eyes got wide each time the wind would blow in his face and I would laugh at his curiosity. He was becoming more alert and comfortable with me and it made my heart happy. "Your mommy's favorite flower is a daisy. I used to pick them out of this very park and put them on the nightstand while she was sleeping, so when she woke up, she knew I was thinking of her. She's the love of my life, you know? It's always been her." I whispered, feeling my eyes water when I bent down in the grass and picked the white daisies that had started to bloom and held the flowers in my palm as we walked back to the front doors of Paisley Park, my mind was already fixated on finding a vase to put them in. Finally finding a purple vase, I smiled softly and filled it with water before I placed the flowers in it and took the elevator to the guest suite.

The room was dark and Mya's soft snores filled the space as I walked in slowly and placed the flowers on the nightstand before quietly moving the bassinet to the opposite side of the bed and softly placing baby P in it on his back, kissing his cheek, covering his body with a blanket, and
getting in bed with Mya, making sure that baby P's backpack was close enough that I could reach it, and slowly pulled her body towards mine, feeling the dried tears on her cheeks and her skin was hot enough that I could practically feel the heat radiating off her body. It was only then that I felt the piece of paper under my arm, which I picked up and carefully unfolded, feeling my heart drop at what was written, and dated a few days before Mya's stroke.

May 31st, 2016:

Baby names

Ian (Boy name, means "God is merciful and gracious")

Jude (Boy name, means "A disciple of Jesus")

Nathan (Boy name, means "Gift of God")

Thea (Girl name, means "Goddess")

Mary (Girl name, means "Wished for Child")

Gianna (Girl name, means "God's Grace")

Behind the names she had picked out, there was another piece of paper that looked like she didn't realize it was there. It was untouched, and seemed to be tucked between more papers, and my eyes narrowed at how detailed it was. She wrote in paragraphs.

Drug of choice? Heroin when I needed a downer, cocaine when I took too much heroin, and meth or crack when I wanted a quick rush to forget the world. Heroin was my drug of choice.

How did you use?: IV Drug user for heroin, snorted cocaine / smoked it on occasion, and smoked meth on tin foil, sometimes in a pipe, sometimes I used pen caps when desperate, crack was sometimes injected.

How many times a day?: I shot up heroin ten to fifteen times a day, snorted or smoked cocaine whenever I didn't have my drug of choice which was very often, and smoked crack the same amount.