Seventeen part six.

Prince's POV:

"Don't move," I whispered the next morning as I squatted down in the bathroom with Mya's body in front of me, a camera in my hand. I had a mission to photograph her pregnancy every month and had found the Polaroids she'd taken on her own without me knowing and put them back so she wouldn't find out. The click of the picture being taken filled my ears and I placed the camera on the counter. My hands cupped her stomach under the flap of material that was unbuttoned and displaying her baby bump that was very slowly making itself more noticeable. Not just to me, but to her too. "Beautiful," She was discreetly looking over my shoulder at the photo that had developed. She had specifically told me that I couldn't take pictures of her face due to the paralysis, only her stomach and we'd spent the past hour doing just that with candles as the only sort of light.

Mya's cellphone sounded throughout the room and she eyed the name on the screen before answering. A few seconds later, Brian's face showed up and I waved, furrowing my eyebrows when I saw he didn't have Ian. "Just checking on you. Is you know who behaving himself?" He asked with raised eyebrows. Mya laughed and nodded her head, not mentioning what occurred the day prior. Then, she asked the question I was wondering also. "W..where's b..baby P?" Bowing his head with a smile, Brian mumbled under his breath before turning the camera around. Glam Slam was playing in the speakers and it was confusing why until I saw John entertaining our son in front of the mirror.

"Him and Eric are loving this. This baby..man, he knows you're not here and looks around whenever he hears Anne's voice or sees her. He misses you, Mya. As far as P goes, you know we have a piano..he gets excited when he hears it. It's the cutest thing." I smiled in response and kissed Mya's cheek as we watched John and Eric dance around Ian cradled to John's chest. Mya's friend was singing very off-key and terrible and she was wanting so badly to smirk, but couldn't yet. So, I did it for her. I saw Mya's fingers start tapping to the beat. Her stomach was firmly pressed against the corner of the vanity as her back tensed. She paid it no mind, but pressed her stomach harder into the corner and sighed silently with her shoulders slumped.

"Oh my gosh," John said dramatically as he turned Ian around so he could see everything going on in front of him. "Look ocean eyes, it's you're favorite person ever!" I playfully shook my head as he got closer to the camera until baby P could visionally see us and his expression immediately changed. He had a bond with Mya, one he didn't have with me and it made me question the court system and wonder what their issue was with her.

"Hi doll." John mumbled happily in the camera, greeting Mya with a wave as he held baby P close to his body, who was very excited to see us, but her the most. "This little dude has stolen my heart." Eric came behind him and said hello, his head rested on John's shoulder and I walked away momentarily to let Mya talk to everyone by herself.

"Hello darling." It dawned on me when I turned back towards the camera that they never talked like that around me. "You feeling okay? You need anything?" Popping an apple in her mouth, Mya shook her head and stared back at Ian, who was attempting to gain her attention with his eyes. The feeding tube that was in his nose was delivering food and he was making noises as if to say, "pay attention to me, please!"

"H..Hi buddy," Mya said softly, her mouth twitched, but didn't curve. "I..I miss y..you," Hearing her speak those words so hesitantly, so full of emotion, caused me to sigh sadly. Her hands were shaking and John noticed, but didn't draw attention to it. Instead, he whispered in Ian's ear, who was still fixated on Mya's face.

"Why are you staring at me like me like that? You look angry all of a sudden," John whispered hesitantly. Ian also picked up on her mood change. His bottom lip trembled, but his cries never came, until Mya unintentionally scared him by hitting her leg on the vanity. He started screaming. "You just focus on you and the baby for right now. Okay? Ocean eyes is in great hands with us, well, Brian and Anne since this is where he's staying. But he's okay. I promise. Let me know if that boyfriend of yours does anything. Or, if you need anything, call me. Text me. Blow Eric up. Okay?" Nodding, Mya said her goodbyes and the screen went black.