Chapter 6: Lunch adventures

FRIDAY: FREE PRACTISE DAY

It was the next weekend and Kit was stressed, understandably so. It was her first F1 race away from home and she had almost missed her flight to Bahrain. She was currently sitting in the airport with Lily waiting for their Uber to their hotel for the weekend. She was sitting with her hands on her head as she had a headache, and everything was stiff from roughly sixteen hours of flying. She felt Lily shove her shoulder and opened her eyes.

"Hey." Lily said softly, "The uber is here."

Kit nodded (Even though it hurt) and they stood up and grabbed their belongings before heading out to the car. Once all their stuff was in the uber they got in. Kit said a quick hello to the driver before curling up on the backseat while Lily got in the front and started up a proper conversation.

 Apparently, Kit had a habit of falling asleep in cars as she fell asleep once again. Lucky as always, she woke up when the car stopped otherwise Lily might have had to carry her. They made it inside in one piece and checked in. While Lily was finishing checking in, Kit looked around the hotel lobby. She spotted her teammate standing with his PR and waved. George waved back and Kit grinned.

"Are you done?" Kit asked Lily when she saw that she had been given her room keys.

"Yeah, why?" Lily responded.

"Cuz George is here and I want to talk to him." Kit replied pulling Lily away from the desk and in the direction of George.

"Didn't you text him and the rest of the bois all week?"

"So, seeing him is different, Hi George." Kit greeted her teammate when they came to a stop in front of him.

"Hey Kit, Lily. Excited for practise later?"

"Totally!" Excited to see what we can do this weekend, Maybe you can even get into the top ten." Kit teased.

"I'm sure you just got lucky." George teased back, "Hey did you get told about the lunch thing we're doing?"

"What?" Kit said confusedly.

"I'll take that as a no." George muttered in response," we're meeting up with the rest of the drivers in twenty to grab lunch as apart of some publicty thing."

"Oh okay." Kit looked down at what she was wearing (Pierre's hoodie and a pair of sweatpants) to see it was definitely not appropriate for a press filled lunch. "I'm gonna go put my stuff in my room and then change."

"Alright, I take it we're carpooling?" George asked as Kit went to leave.

"Duh, meet you here in ten."

 ~Time skip – ten minutes~

Kit had gotten changed into one of her Bitchee merch shirts and a pair of jeans. She grabbed the small backpack she had packed and Pierre's hoodie just in case it got cold (and because she had forgot to pack her other hoodies as she rushed) and headed downstairs. When she got down there George was standing in a corner, mucking around on his phone.

"Hey." Kit said and he looked up.

"Ready to go?" George then asked pocketing his phone as they began to walk towards the front doors.

"Yeah, duh otherwise I wouldn't be walking with you right now."

~mini time skip~

When they got to the restaurant, they were eating at, George struggled to find a park as most were taken up either by other customers, their fellow drivers or the press. After a drive around the block he was able to find one a short way from the restaurant. They got out of the car and George locked it while Kit went ahead. He met up with her at the door and opened it for her. "After you madam." He said laughing.