Chapter 12: Breakfast, Cars, and Day outings

WEDNESDAY MORNING: Pierre's second day in Australia 

Kit woke up in the comfy embrace of Pierre's arms, something unfamiliar but welcomed. The pair had crashed on Kit's couch once they got home last night, and Kit was regretting that decision. She always woke up easily if the room was too bright and the main living area didn't have the greatest curtains so of course she woke up at the crack of dawn (not really it was 7 am). She slowly moved out of Pierre's arms making sure she didn't wake him even though she was probably going to in a few minutes anyways.

 Kit went to the toilet before changing into more comfier clothes than the T-shirt and Jeans she had worn the night before. After changing she headed back out into the living room and smiled. Pierre was still sound asleep on the couch but had moved one of Kit's couch cushions and was now hugging it to his chest. Kit grabbed her phone out of her pocket and took a photo (she couldn't help it, the sight was just too cute). After staring at the sight in front of her Kit decided she would send Max the photo (her older brother figure had been spamming her last night with his thoughts as to who Kit's partner could be).  She then moved into the Kitchen and began preparing stuff for breakfast. In doing so, she woke Pierre up. Kit heard foot steps pad into the kitchen area and two arms were wrapped around her waist. 

"Morning loverboy!" Kit greeted cheerfully spinning around to face Pierre.

"Morning Amour." Pierre said back, his voice groggy from sleep. He bent down and gave Kit a kiss on the cheek before pulling back slightly. The two stared into each other's eyes for a moment as Pierre fought the urge to kiss Kit. 

"So what are we gonna do today?" Kit asked breaking the silence that had fallen over the pair. 

 "I don't know." Pierre shrugged, "It's your town, I'm just along for the ride." 

"Alrighty then how about we spend the day doing touristy stuff then? Ooh! We can even drive down to Fremantle." Kit excitedly brainstormed ideas on what they could do.

"Whatever you wanna do Amour." Pierre laughed at the girl's excitement, "But you better do something with your food it's getting cold."

Kit turned back around and glanced down at the counter top before frowning. She had been making toast for breakfast when Pierre woke up and distracted her. Luckily she had put the butter on before hand so she didn't have to deal with that not melting.

She grabbed her breakfast and sat down at the kitchen bench. Kit alternated between scrolling through her socials and staring at Pierre who was now making himself breakfast. Pierre had only been at Kit's house for a day but seeing him in her Kitchen felt like home. Maybe Pierre was home for Kit with his soft touches and sarcastic wit.

"You good amour?" Pierre asked snapping Kit back into reality when he sat beside her.

"Yeah, just thinking." Kit responded.

She waited until Pierre was finished with breakfast before taking both of their plates to the sink. She then slipped into casual clothes before gathering her trusty backpack and finding stuff she would need for the day out. Once she grabbed all of the stuff she would need Kit met up with Pierre in her living room and they headed on their way to the apartment garage.

"Right so I forgot to tell you that my car is tiny." Kit informed Pierre as they walked.

"Okay as long as I'm not too squished it's fine, but one question, does it go fast?"

"No it does not, at least not by our standards as it's a manual."

"You can drive a manual?" Pierre asked sounding half-shocked. 

Kit took her hand out of Pierre's and whacked him over the head with it.

"I'm a formula one driver and you think I can't drive a manual?" Kit laughed in disbelief.

"I know I'm an idiot." Pierre groaned, "Are we almost at your car?"

"Yep!" Kit responded walking over to the left side of the garage. She fished her keys out of her backpack and unlocked her Suzuki Jimny (Sierra).

"You are so lucky I'm not tall." Pierre commented when he saw which car was Kit's.

"It's not my fault I wasn't allowed to take the Ute." Kit laughed as they hopped in, "And besides Jimny cricket is my baby, it was my first car."

"Okay I can see why you have it then." 

Kit started up the car and they left the apartment complex.

"So I figured we could go to London court and do some shopping." Kit explained as they joined the rest of the morning traffic.

"Sounds good amour." Pierre answered as he reached over and turned the radio up.

After fifteen minutes of driving around the city Kit reached the parking garage she normally parked in when she went shopping.

"C'mon lets go!" Kit said excitedly when they got out of the car.

"Okay calm down." Pierre laughed when he saw how excited she was.

"No, I'm not gonna." Kit responded and grabbed Pierre's hand.

They began walking down the street towards the mall. As they passed the City's library Pierre had to drag Kit away from the doors (he was worried he would lose her if they went indoors).

"So do you want to head into the fancy bit first or walk down the mall first?" Kit asked as they crossed the street to get to the mall.

"Whatever is easiest for you, hey do you think we will get recognized?" Pierre asked.

"We shouldn't, I mean it's not like we're wearing the team clothes and we're both wearing sunnies, I think we'll be fine." Kit assured her partner.

They strolled down one side of the mall until they got to the entrance of London court. London court was a small lane of shops that ran off the side of the mall. It was styled to look like old Victorian eqse buildings. The duo took photos outside the entrance along with the other tourists there before walking down the lane. After walking down the lane and marveling at the different shop fronts they re-joined the crowds in the main part of the open air mall.

Doing a little shopping they each bought a new pair of shoes. Ki also bought a couple POP! Figures she had wanted for a while and Pierre bought a new watch. After shopping they sat down at a nearby café and had lunch.

"Good day so far?" Kit asked.

"Of course, amour, it had you in it." Pierre answered with a wink.

In retaliation Kit balled up the nearest napkin and threw it at him. Pierre only laughed.