Chapter 24: "I remember when we swapped names"

Summer break - 2021

Kit woke to the smell of coffee and the sound of soft singing in french. It was entirely peaceful and Kit loved it.

Her and Pierre had decided to go spend a few days at an cabin in Sweden  even though it was summer break, a weird Idea but a nice way to relax.

They had officially been dating for around 3 months and Kit was having so much fun with Pierre by her side.

She threw off the covers and swung out of bed, her feet touched cold hardwood floors and she shivered. The bedroom was significantly colder than the bed and Kit hated it.

She walked into the kitchen where she presumed Pierre was. The coffee machine was running and Pierre was standing in front of the stove, shirtless.

"Morning love." Kit said leaning against the doorway, rubbing her eyes.

"Morning mon amour." Pierre responded turning around to face her. "I've got breakfast started for us."

"Yay! I'm staving!" Kayla exclaimed. She was always down for food (she's had pizza for breakfast a couple times, but would she tell her trainer that?)

"Of course you are, go set the table please?" Pierre asked.

"Sure." Kayla responded, moving to get the cutlery out of the drawer beside where Pierre was standing.

Kit then fluidly made her way out of the kitchen and into the open living, dining area to go set the huge dining table. She pulled the woven placemats out from under the candle in the centre of the table. Kit then set down the cutlery on the mats.

"Done!" she called out to Pierre who was still fiddling around in the kitchen trying to cook their breakfast. 

"That's good." he shouted back, "The toast is almost done babe." 

"Yes!" Kit cheered.

She sat down at the table with the gracefulness of a swan... just kidding, Kit Dunn was anything but graceful. Her phone was pulled out from her pajamas pocket and her fingers directed her to Twitter. Kit loved doom scrolling on Twitter and seeing what all the fans were up to in their spare time. 

"Right, here you go Madam." Pierre put the plates of breakfast with a flourish. Kit put her phone to the side and looked at what he had made, french toast with a side of bacon and hashbrowns, Kit's favourite. 

"Oh my god, thank you babe!" Kit cheered, she wasn't expecting this but now she knew why Pierre hustled her out of the Kitchen. 

"No worries mon amour, I thought I'd do something nice, since it's almost our last day here." Pierre returned to the Kitchen, grabbing the mugs of instant coffee he had made before presenting one to Kit. He then slid into the seat across from her at the large dining table. 

Kit meanwhile had already started digging into her delicious food, she wasn't going to wait around for Pierre to come back. "Damn this is really good." she complimented her amazing boyfriend, while still shoving food in her mouth.

"Thanks, I guess I don't need to tell you to hurry up today then." Pierre laughed. 

"Wait what why?" Kit asked. 

"Well i had some plans for us today if that's okay?" Pierre asked. 

"Hell yeah!" Kit replied without food in her mouth this time." what are we doing?" 

"Well i know for a fact that it snowed more last night." Pierre grinned, "So we could go play in the snow and if it clears up later i was thinking we could go visit the history museum you saw yesterday?"