Chapter 13: Media day and Netflix

THURSDAY: MEDIA DAY

It was Thursday aka media day of the Portugal race weekend and Kit was fairly happy. She normally didn't have to do a lot on media days maybe just the press conferences and a couple interviews. It appeared this weekend wasn't going to be the same as Lily burst into her hotel suite.

"I have your schedule!" Lily announced dramatically.

"Okay hit me." Kit said sitting up on the small couch. 

"So you have a teammate challenge against Alpha Tauri in an hour. Then lunch. After that you have a grill the grid challenge and I may have booked a surprise for you." Kit nodded along as Lily explained Kit's schedule.

She took a moment to process what Lil said about a surprise before excitedly asking what it was.

"So.... Netflix wants to interview you for drive to survive!" Lily cheered doing jazz hands.

"....you said what?" Kit asked in disbelief.

Lily repeated herself and this time Kit heard her. Kit stood up and grabbed her best friend's hands. They celebrated for a little bit before calming down again as Kit still had to get ready to go the track.

~time skip~

35 minutes later they were rushing through the paddock to get to the Williams garage so Kit could dump her stuff. They waved to a few members of the crew before running out of the garage to get to the Alpha Tauri hospitality. When they got there George was already there and engaged in a conversation with Pierre and Yuki.

"Kit!" Yuki called when he noticed his fellow midget and her PR walking towards them.

"Yuki!" Kit called back before running up to the man and dramatically hugging him.

"No greetings for us?" George asked raising an eyebrow.

"Nope you're not important enough." Kit said jokingly.

Kit turned to face Pierre and she could see that he wanted to say something, probably something flirtatious but he didn't.

"I hope you know that I'm not going easy on you guys." He said instead.

"Not even on me?" Kit asked.

"No, you threw a napkin at me the last time we met up! This is payback."  Pierre exclaimed and the other two drivers laughed at the mental image of a napkin hitting Pierre square on the nose.

"Alright people we're going to move inside so we can set up for the challenges!" Lily clapped her hands and started heading inside.

The four drivers followed her over to where a reporter of some sorts was stood with a cameraman an a make up artist. Other helpers were running around In front of the backdrop finalizing the scene. a few of them came over and hooked the drivers up with mic packs. Once they were hooked up, the four greeted the lady hosting the challenges and then sat down in their respective spots.

"Hello all, first off before we get started how are you guys?" The interviewer greeted as the camera man started rolling.

"I'm good, thank you." Kit replied. She listened to the other boys replies, half zoned out. A thought came to her head and she grinned mischievously. When it was Pierre's turn to speak Kit reached out and poked him in the ribs. He let out a yelp in the middle of his sentence and it was like time had stopped as everyone was waiting to see what would happen next. Pierre turned to face Kit ever so slowly and she knew she was fucked.

"Kitrina grace dunn, did you just poke me?" Pierre asked, dead serious.

Kit only gave the slightest of nods but it was enough. She saw him start to move and she bolted out of her chair and past George with Pierre right behind her. He chased her over to the doors where he cornered her and started tickling her sides.