Chapter 17

I rubbed my eyes as I was forced awake by blaring horns of passing fishing boats. I rolled over and noticed that his side of the bed was neatly made and a cup of luke warm tea was sitting on the bedside table, I picked up the cup noticing that the tea had a peppermint teabag in it which was odd because he knows I only drink black tea with no sugar and a splash of light milk. It was strange but I didn't think too much into it, instead I headed to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get dressed.

The window in the bathroom was cracked open and letting in a chilly breeze, the window had droplets of water that had been tossed in by the passing waves. I put on tights with a black skirt, white blouse and a knitted jumper. I did some light makeup and put on a deep pinkish lipstick and a pair of heals and headed to the buffet.

The lounge was surprisingly empty for 10 am on a Sunday but I figured it was because people were sleeping in.

"Hi ma'am were you the one I was talking to last night about the missing bag? Did you have any luck finding it?" the bartender from last night asked

"Oh yes thank you I woke up and found it in my room thank you so much for your help though" He gave me a smile and walked into the kitchen and began preparing lunch.

I called him wondering where he was but he didn't answer the phone which was weird because he usually instantly picks up. Maybe it there was no reception or his phone was dead. I sat down on the couch and began reading waiting for him to call back. About and hour had passed and still no call so I returned back to the room incase his phone was dead and he came back looking for me.

I called him again but still no reply so I left him a voice mail.

"Hey I've been up for a while now and still haven't run into you? I hope you're alright i'm waiting for you in the room I saw they were making a roast for lunch I know it's your favourite. Please ring me back asap I'm starting to get worried. Love you!"

I opened the blinds and resumed my reading when I heard a knock on the door.

"Baby hello!?" I exclaimed

I heard no reply so I walked over to the door and there standing was an attendant looking quite stressed. 

"Hello?" I asked confused

"Ma'am do you mind coming with us to answer a few question. We will explain further once we are in a more private location" he lowered his voice whilst saying

I quickly gathered my phone, coat and room keys and followed the man through a staff only labelled room. We walked through a locker room and then into a small room with a couple of couches with a wooden coffee table and a small desk in the corner. After sitting down and having a minute to wrap my head around what was going on a familiar man walked in a sat opposite me. It was the bartender from last night.

"We must just ask you a few questions if that's alright?" he asked whilst opening a notebook.

"Um yes.. sure" I hesitantly remarked

"May I start by asking you to confirm that you were in the bar last night and to please specify the most accurate time you were there" he said lifting his pen to the paper

I tried to backtrack and approximate the time as best as I could before he moved on to the next question.

"Had you seen any of our crew members before you left?"

"No.. just this man who kindly tried to help me find my bag that I thought was missing" I told them

"And were you accompanied by anyone else at the bar last night?"

"Yes I was at the bar with my boyfriend, we weren't there for very long though" I explained

"And looks wise may you please describe your boyfriend? They asked flipping the page

I vaguely explained his main features but then was imminently bombarded with even more questions. I was beginning to become more impatient especially on the account that I had been giving no explanation about the situation at all. 

"We will need more detail than that please, how tall is tall? what coloured eyes and define dark hair"

"He is around 6'3 I'd imagine since he is this much taller than me" I recreated our height difference with my hands and continued to explain "He has light coloured eyes, I'm not sure if I'd say they're blue nor green. It's a mix of the two and they frequently change but if I had to say a colour maybe put down a sea green colour. He also has very very dark brown hair it basically looks black, well that's unless he's in direct sunlight then you can see the chocolatey tones coming through"

"Mhm okay, 6'3, green eyes, brown hair. Done"

"Yes so can you please explain what's going on?"

"Of course ma'am there is just a missing crew member and she was last seen by the hallway near the bar so we are trying to find out if anyone has seen her since then. Would we be able to speak to your partner to see if he happened to see her?"

"If you can find him" I mumbled under my breath

"Sorry I missed that what did you say?" he questioned

"Oh it's just that I haven't seen him since last night either.. I woke up and he wasn't there"

He began scribbling down words in his notebook once again and gave the bartender a surprised look, almost like they knew something I didn't.

"6,3, green eyes, brown hair?" he asked me again

"Um yes" I answered even more confused

"Peter would you please rerun the security footage from around 6pm until lets say 2 am"