Chapter 10 - the interview (edited)

"Hello"

"Hello"

"Boss, there's a lady here named Lucia Costa, saying she's here for an interview for Chef's position." Our security guard reported. I hummed in response.

"Okay let her come in my office at the first floor and wait me there." I said before cutting the line and sipping my black coffee that I prepared for myself. Perks of being the underboss of our Mafia's, I have my own office, one in the third floor (3rd) where I do my work for the mafia matters and other one in the first floor for legal purposes.

That third floor is restricted area and only the Moretti Brothers have the access on it.

Emptying my cup, my mind goes back again at  what happened  just this past few days, from attacking the Fontana's warehouse and now for hiring a new chef.

I've been working my ass of here since I woke up today because we have some sample weapons on the way tonight. And it's my job to inspect it to see if everything is fine as I'm trying to avoid same problem again. We cannot afford to lose another millions because of those stupid piece of shit.

And for now, my work is to interview this lady named Lucia who caught my attention. Black hair and green eyes. And  the most interesting part is she graduated her college at the age of 18. Wow! Kind of genius I think or have a very high IQ, but why she's applying for chef?

She didn't have any experience in a five star-hotel or even at 3-star-hotel, so why?

But according to her resumè she can cook Italian, Russian, spanish, greek and Indian cuisine, hmmmm impressive.

Interesting, and wanna know more.

So after fixing myself, I walk out of the door and went to the elevator exclusively only for us, towards my office at the first floor.

When I open the door of my office, I saw her sitting already on the chair in front of my desk. When she saw me her face immediately got tensed as if she knew me or us, the Moretti Brothers, does she?"

"Hi Lucia are you alright?" I asked casually, to make her relax, because if I talk to her impassively, she'd probably cry in front of me.

"Yes, just it's really cold in here." She replied. And I guess it's partially true as it's really cold in here, so after I adjusted the temperature, I ask her again.

"You're okay now?" she absentmindedly bites her lower lip before saying yes verbally.

"Okay, so let's start by asking you why did you apply here as chef, I mean you graduated early in Business Management at the age of 18, am I correct?"

"Yes, Well first, thank you for giving me a chance to have this interview and to answer your question, well it's personal reasons actually. My mother died right after I graduated and I made a promise that I will continue her legacy, her passion for cooking which truly inspired me a lot. I love her and I think that's enough reason for me to choose this kind of work, Mr. Moretti." After that her eyes becomes glassy and I start to feel guilty and stunned at the same time.