Chapter 13 - Cookies & Dance (edited)

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I'm just pissed, how come there's no relevant records about that name?" Martino grumbled under his breath while staring at Santiago.

"Take a look at this, there's a woman named Isabel Fontana but she's 60 years old and then there's another one but she's just 10 years old." He commented with a frown that caused Santiago to rub his temple.

It's been two days and since then the twins couldn't provide relevant information about the name 'Isabel Fontana'.

"But how?" Santiago asked rhetorically.

"Beats me, unless Antonia could give us more info like her middle name or her parents' last name." Martino said before taking a seat on the couch because of exhaustion. He looks pissed not only because of tiredness but due to unsolve task that Santiago assigned to them. Both of them worked so hard but in the end, they realized that not everyone got what they wanted.

"She's a freaking 3 Martino! Do you think she memorized her family tree?" Santiago condescend but deep down he couldn't agree more to him.

"Maybe. She's smart beyond her age, San. Just try to ask her again or this ends here, unless we do the DNA testing." Marco butt in that annoys Santiago. His nose was flaring as if he's stupid where he's quite aware that it would be his last resort.

But....

"That's easier said and done as I doubt if her mother would do something like that. To think that she clearly abandoned her alone on that shitty place. Whatever her reasons, those won't erase the fact that she almost put her child's life in danger." He spat. Disgust clearly shows on his face because how could a mother left her child on that kind of place? His anger starting to rise up when he thought that Antonia might be a product of mistake too that's why it's easy for her to leave her there.

He shut his eyes to calm himself and by doing so, he recalled how Antonia looked that time. The way she cried like there's no tomorrow and suddenly pain runs through his heart.

"Just please check one last time and if it's still nothing, then I'll do the DNA test." Santiago sternly said before looking at his watch to see the time.

And just like that, filthy remarks escaped from his mouth as he almost forgot his meeting with another Mafia Boss.

Alejandro Romero, the leader of the Spanish Mafia.

"I'm going now. Anyway, are you sure that the two of you can look after Antonia? I swear to—." But before Santiago could complete his sentence, Marco cut him off.

"Just stop right there. We might be 'easy go lucky men' but we're not idiot. She's just a kid and I think she's not a handful child. And don't underestimate us, specially me because I'm Moretti after all." Marco remarks before showing off his muscles and to his dismay because he indeed looked like an idiot.