Chapter III: Bodies

I made my way through the woods, searching. I had no idea what I was searching for though. That blonde vampire was definitely gone. But I could feel the adrenaline running through me. Like I needed some kind of release. A fire building inside of me. Sparking and warming my insides. The need to slay was so strong that I was breathing heavily through my nose. My jaw clenching as I hear howling in the distance.

Werewolves were quite popular in the 1500s. Although, I had no idea what year it was now. I knew I should follow the howling. The power of the slayer running through my blood giving me the agility to run as fast as I could. Chasing the sound of feet on the ground, the panting of an animal. Bones cracking and snapping into place before someone spoke. I stood by a tree, looking out.

 I stood by a tree, looking out

"I can hear your heart beating." He spoke out. Looking around for where I was. "Come out here." He shouted out. I took a slow step out from behind the tree, looking the man up and down. He was more than a werewolf. Dead. But not dead. I tilted my head at him in confusion.

"You're more than a wolf." I spoke out. My voice very raspy as it came through. He snapped his gaze to me, clenching his jaw at the fact that I was bleeding. My eyebrows knitted together as I realized what he was. "Vampire and wolf? I've never heard of that before-" The brown haired man came at me, it happened in slow motion, my leg coming up to kick him, throwing him to the side. He landed with a grunt. I stared at him as he stood up.

"How did you-" I took the makeshift stake in my hand, dragging it on my arm. His eyes darkened and veins popped out from under his eyes. "What are you doing!?"

"Hungry?" I asked, walking towards him. My arm held out to him, the blood dripping down the tanned dirty skin. He went to attack me only for me to grab his head, snapping it to the side hard enough to snap his neck. "I'm a lot stronger than I thought I'd be." I twirled the stake before slamming it into his chest, watching him turn grey and veiny. I removed the stake but then his skin was going back to normal. "Interesting." I spoke out loud before shoving my hand into his chest and ripping his heart out and throwing it to the side. His body went grey and veiny now.

"TYLER!?" I heard a woman scream, staring at me

"TYLER!?" I heard a woman scream, staring at me. She must have seen me remove his heart. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!" She screeched, coming at me. I could hear her heartbeat. She wasn't human. But not a vampire. She tackled me to the ground and punched me. "YOU KILLED HIM!"

I grabbed her fist before it connected with my face again, squeezing it until the bones snapped. A yelp leaving her lips. She was strong, maybe another wolf?

"Was he your boyfriend?" I asked, trying to place information together. I reached out, grabbing her shoulders before rolling us over. Straddling her before throw my fist at her face. I threw punch after punch. Her face bloody and swollen before I grabbed her head and twisted it quickly, killing her. "Now you're back together." I said with a sigh, standing up off of her body. I turned at the sound of a twig breaking. A brown haired man stood. Brown warm eyes that seemed to sparkle with a thrill.

"And who are you, sweetheart?" He asked

"And who are you, sweetheart?" He asked. He glanced down at the dead bodies on the ground and then back up at me. His brown eyes shining with interest. "You killed one of my brothers Hybrids.." He trailed off. My body warmed with a need. I blinked slowly as I watched him walk towards me. "You're not a normal human- are you?" He questioned, his hand reaching out to wipe some blood from my cheek.

"I'm more human than you are." I told him. My body was frozen. The feel of familiarity filling me up. He reminded me of the man who had killed me, but he wasn't him. So why couldn't I move?

"More human than I am? Well, I'm not human, sweetheart." He smirked, grabbing a hold of my wrist as he looked at my blood dripping down. He lifted it up, inhaling the scent before letting his tongue. Drag up, cleaning the blood from my wound. Closing his eyes as he licked his lips. "And neither are you. You are just full of magic." He said, opening his eyes to look at me. My breath caught in my throat as he leaned closer. "Who are you?" He repeated his earlier question. I swallowed hard. My body jerking as I felt his hand push my hair to the side. This brought my body out of its frozen state, using my leg to kick him away from me.

"My name is Echo." I told him. Watching him stand in front of me in shock. He came at me, throwing his hand out to try and grab my throat, but I smacked his hand away each time, taking a step back with each hit. The man smirked at me, stopping his attack as my back hit a tree.

"I'll be seeing you around, Echo." With that- he was gone.