Chapter XIV: Give me Purpose

I watched as Elijah left the room, closing the door behind him. I looked up to see Kol staring at me, waiting for me to get up. I stood up slowly only for him to grab my hand and yank me to fall forward behind him. I push out a harsh breath as I held myself up on the floor, siting up to look at Kol. He had a smirk on his face.

"Let's go, Princess. We don't have all day." He said, offering his hand to me. I glared at him, jumping up on my own and throwing my hand at him to punch him in the face. His hand shot out smacking my hand away. I tried again, moving my fists fast to try and hit him, but he kept smacking my hands away. "Is this the best a Slayer can do?" He taunted.

I let out a huff, jumping up into a spin kick, aiming at his chest. Kol grabbed my leg and threw me to the floor. Landing on my back with a groan. All the air leaving my lungs. Kol walked to the wall, grabbing a long staff before walking towards me and aiming to slam it down onto me. My eyes widened before I rolled out of the way. He followed me, trying to stab it down this time. I caught it between my hands, twisting it and ramming it up into his chin. Kol stumbled back, releasing the staff. I held it sideways and rolled into a jump to stand up. The staff in my hands and pointed at him.

"Come on, Slayer. Show me what you can truly do." Kol taunted, raising his hands up to me. I moved forward, twirling the staff towards him only for him to smack it away, I moved it to the other side of him for him to smack it away again. Narrowing my eyes, I used the staff to launch myself into the air at him, my legs wrapping around his shoulders and bringing him to the ground. Kol raised his eyebrow at me, his hands moving to my thighs as he smirked. "Not that I'm objecting to you sitting on me, but you missed by a bit, darlin'." I looked at him confused only for him to grab my hips and move me to sit more on his face. I let out a gasp at feeling his hot breath through my leggings before trying to get off of him. Kol held me in place, flipping us over and moving to hover over me. His legs between mine.

My hands went to his shoulders, holding him back. But he didn't try anything.

"What's wrong, Darlin'?" I took a deep breath looking up at him. My body was on fire, whether from embarrassment of him making me sit on his face for a second or from actually enjoying it. Kol tilted his head, staring into my eyes, waiting for me to move. "Echo-" I stopped him by pulling him to me, my lips pressing to his in need. Kol seemed surprised for a moment before his lips started to move with mine, my hands filtering into his hair and pulling him closer. His hips pressed into me, grinding as his hands held my waist, pulling me to him. My legs lift up, wrapping around him and connecting our hips together before I rolled us over. Placing me on top of him once more. Our lips broke away as I sat up and stared at him.

"I-This isn't right." I breathed out, moving to get off of him and stepping away. Kol sighed, sitting up and looking at me.

"You don't want to be my toy but yet you are the one toying with me." He pointed out, his eyes looking annoyed. Kol breathed out seeing that I was having an inner fight with my slayer rules. "You know- you're the only slayer that has been chosen. I've looked everywhere in the books and legends, none have risen until you." I looked at him confused.

"That's not possible. There was many of us-" I said shaking my head at him. Kol shook his head at me.

"It's not impossible. If there was another one before you, someone would have written about it." He explained, pulling his knees up and resting his arms on them.

"No- No, no. Why would I be here then if no one else was- I can't be the only one. We all went through it- We all trained together." I paced in front of him, thinking of the girls I had grown to know. We weren't close, but we all had this in common. Something we shared. But if none of them were chosen before. I shook my head from my thoughts.

"Maybe you weren't chosen by the Slayer gods or whatever. Maybe something greater made you come back, gave you power." Kol tried.

"I have no purpose, Kol." I told him once I stopped my pacing, looking down at him. Kol jumped up, moving to stand in front of me and grabbing my arms.

"You do have a purpose. Your own purpose." He stated. I pulled away from him.

"No. I was trained and raised this way. My father gave me my purpose, if I don't have that- I have nothing." I told him, shaking my head. "Why would I be brought up like this just to have no meaning in my life? No duty or truth." I asked him. Kol stepped up to me again, grabbing my chin to make me raise my head.

"You are your own person. Not what your father has forced you to become." He started, his warm eyes seemed to be softening as he spoke. "You were given a new start, a life of strength and freedom. No one to push you down or hold you back. Freedom, Echo." He lowered his head, looking into my glossy eyes. "Use it." He finished in a whisper.