Chapter XX: The End

I turned my gaze from Elijah's dead body, guilt filling my insides that he died from something created from my blood. I looked right at Al-Qaum, who at the moment was turning his head in all directions, his eyes nothing but holes with blood leaking from them. Mikael had been watching for a bit, his eyes on his corpse son. When his eyes snapped up to me, he came at me fast. Kol jumped in front of me, throwing punches at his father. I watched for a moment as I noticed Al-Qaum listening for the sounds they were making.

I charged at him, grabbing a tree branch that was on the ground and whacking him in the head with it hard. He went flying in the air at the contact before landing on top of some expensive looking car. I ran over to Elijahs body, pulling the white oak stake from his chest and lifting his burnt corpse so I could move him to safety. Even though he had killed me, I respected him greatly for making sure his younger brother was okay. Family comes first in his eyes and that is what made him so Noble.

I got up after placing him on the sofa inside the house before jumping back out the window, grabbing my branch and letting out a whistle to pull the god to me. His head snapped up as he ran to me. My hand threw the White Oak stake in the air as Kol grabbed Mikael by the shoulders, holding him in place. The stake rammed right into his back, hitting his heart just right. Before I could say anything the god tackled me to the ground. My eyes snapping to him as I tried to think of how to kill him. Kol ran over, trying to rip him off of me, but neither of us was strong enough.

My eyes widen as a loud crunching sound was made, moving at the last second to duck my head down to the side as a large axe hit where my neck was. The god's head rolling to the side. Glancing up, I saw Rebekah standing there with red puffy eyes and glistening cheeks as her hands were wrapped around the handle of the axe.

"That's for Elijah." She snapped. I stared at her in shock as Kol pulls the dead body off of me, his hand reaching into the hole left by his head being chopped off, pulling out his heart and crushing it. Blood was splattered all over my face and chest from the head being chopped off.

"Thank you.." I whispered, the shock not leaving my body yet. Rebekah nodded, her eyes moving to see Elijah was moved to inside the house and Niklaus was already in there with him. I stood up, with the help of Kol and followed Rebekah to the living room of the house. "I'm so-" Before I could finish, Niklaus had me by the throat and against the wall. His eyes flashing yellow sporadically.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" He growled out, snapping his fangs at me. Kol and Rebekah both grabbed Niklaus by the shoulders, pulling him off of me.

"This isn't Echo's fault." Kol snapped. "She didn't ask for you to jump in and Elijah to save your ass."

"I only jumped in to SAVE HER! If she didn't get kidnapped so bloody easily, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED!" Niklaus growled, trying to pull away from his remaining siblings.

"Nik, she didn't ask for any of this. This is no ones fault." Rebekah said in a soft tone, her voice was her proof of her heartbreaking. "Elijah would have sacrificed himself to save any of us, even Echo. It's not Echo's fault for our brothers love for us all." Niklaus stopped his growling, tears pooling out of his eyes as he stared at me.

"I really am sorry.." I whispered lowly. My voice shaky and broken. Niklaus pulled out of his siblings grips and walked up to me, pulling me to his chest and wrapping his arms around me. My eyes were wide as I stared at Rebekah and Kol who were also shocked.

"I'm sorry- I- Rebekah is right." He whispered, hugging me tightly, but not painfully. My arms moved to wrap around him as I felt the cool wetness of his tears on my shoulder. Niklaus Mikaelson was broken. Elijah Mikaelson was dead. Rebekah Mikaelson was heartbroken. Kol Mikaelson.... I looked up to see him staring at me. His heated gaze was glossy from tears, but emotions floating inside of them. Kol Mikaelson was in love.

It had turned out that Irina's heart was used to bring Al-Qaum forth to begin with. Her dead heart began pumping once my blood ran through it. Mikael had turned out to be the one to save her life that faithful night, raising her as the child he wished he had.

The Mikaelson's held a funeral for their brother, Elijah. Placing him in the new family crypt where Finn and Esther were already. Niklaus had thrown his fathers dead greying body in with Esther followed by a match before sliding the cement cover back over them. A week went by and The Mikaelson's ended up moving. The memories of what happened in Mystic Falls causing a drift in the place.

Moving to New Orleans where Kol and Rebekah were taking turns teaching Echo how to live as a normal human girl.

The End.