Chapter 13: Icy Hot

"Yeah! Come on, I'm not heavy!" I blushed and covered my mouth, "you can't be serious right?"

"What's the problem?" She said giggling, "really though, you mainly did the top part of this box fort, let me put the last box on top."

"Ok.." I hesitantly said.

How do I even carry her..?! I thought as I awkwardly stood there.
I gulped and accepted her into my arms. I grabbed her from her thighs just below her butt and lifted her. She had the last box in her hand and placed it on top of the stack.
I lowered her back down as she faced towards me.
I looked down at her as her hand landed on my chest. I hovered my head over hers and I gazed into her eyes, she mirrored my actions and did the same thing to me. She was still close in my arms and I could feel her heart beating. I could also feel every breath she landed on me as she shakily breathed.

Do I kiss her..?

She suddenly turned red and slightly pushed herself off me.
She checked me up and down as if I did something wrong.

Ouch, did I just get friendzoned?

I exhaled and scratched the side of my arm avoiding eye contact. God the silence was so loud!

"A-Alright! Let's see how it came out!" Raechel said as she walked in through the crawl space door. Though the small door led to a lot of room space!

"Wow! This came out better than I expected!" She said smiling as she looked around as she beamed a proud expression.

"We should probably tape it so it won't collapse from the wind or something." I suggested slowly getting over the awkward silence.

"Yeah, do you got any duct tape on you?"

"No but my dad probably has some. Wanna come check with me?" I said smirking.

"Why not?" She grinned along with me and took my hand.
I blushed and suddenly felt flustered as her hand slid into mine, but I tried playing it off cool and lead her to the garage where my dad keeps his work things.

"Found it!" I shouted as I dug through a small pile of plastic.

"A whole roll, we could definitely use that!"

We made our way to the backyard again and started taping everything making it safe and secure. After what seemed like hours of laughing and joking around we finally came to an end of taping everything down.

"That took us way longer than expected..!"
I smirked and glanced at her, "well maybe if someone would've stopped knocking down the boxes, than we would've been fine." I said as her and I started laughing.

"Its alright some boxes were no challenge for us..! Nothing can cone between you and I." She said lightly punching me on my arm.

What about love..? Will love come between you and I?

I stopped and grinned at her. "Well, when will you be getting home?"

"Ouch, want me gone already?" She said leaning on the walkway door obviously joking.

"Of course not, i'm just wondering." I said perhaps taking the joke a bit serious.

She gazed at me and giggled, "I was just joking, but I'll probably just take the next bus home; and that gets here within the next hour."

_
For the rest of that hour Thomas and Raechel decided to work on the homework they shared.
Though it didn't mean a lot to Raechel, Thomas just couldn't get over the fact that him and Raechel had such a strong relationship within just in a few days.
He would chuckle everytime Rae would get frustrated from the homework. He couldn't help but think Rae was so cute and harmless when she was mad.