Chapter 20: This is For Ruining My Senior Year!

Thomas Pov

I woke up to my alarm, I groaned as I thought of going to school. I stopped my alarm and walked to the bathroom. Then I saw the key chain again, I was immediately reminded of Raechel.
The keychain had words that I customized on there, you weren't born to fit in. You were born to stand out.
I tossed it onto my desk and continued to get ready.
So.. I have no one to talk to at lunch.. No one to laugh with, I guess I'm a loner again.
I sighed as I ran my hand through my hair.
You know what, maybe I can talk to her today.
I hurried and brushed my hair, put on my shoes, and a new pair of clothes. I rushed to the bus stop and waited for the school bus.
I picked up my phone, but didn't even bother scrolling through anything. My mind was all over the place, but why would she try to date him? I just.. don't understand! Shes not dumb, I know she isn't.
I needed to get to school, I needed to speak to Rae. Is everything really over..? Everything that's happened.. These past few months have been the best months in my whole life! No one's ever made me feel so special, and I've never known anyone, or dreamed of a friend like her.
I've heard of a love that comes once in a lifetime, and I kind of just thought are would be my highschool sweetheart.
"Hey you coming?" A guy asked me as everyone entered the bus.

"Y-Yeah!" I put away my phone and pulled myself onto the school bus. I walked all the way to the back and sat down.
I looked to my left and reminded one of the first days I was friends with Rae, that was when we rode the bus late at night.
I remember she napped on the seat; as she slept I ran my fingers through her fluffy hair honey like hair.
Maybe we'll be fine..! Maybe.. we can make up..!
-
The bus dropped off all the students at school including me, and we walked to the entrance of the school.
I stood there and waited. I was waiting for Raechel, hoping I could catch her walking into school. But I had no luck, I was there constantly checking my phone not trying to be late for class, then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I excitingly turned around, hoping it was Rae. But I just found Mrs. Locke behind me, "Hey bud! It's been a while..!" She said as she gave me a big hug, "yeah I guess. How have you been?"

"Great! I had a nice Christmas, new years. But uh, shouldn't you be getting to class?"

I sighed and looked back outside, "I guess, I was waiting for Rae." I said as she starting walking with me to my class, "oh I'm sure she'll get here soon!"

"But you don't understand Mrs. Locke, I messed things up with us last night.. It was her birthday and.." then I heard faded laughing, I turned to my left sort of down the hall. It was Mason and his friends. "You know.. I better get going, see you later Mrs. Locke. Take care!"

"You too Thomas."
I continued walking to the English classroom and could feel the boys picking up their pace, I quickly turned into the English room as the bell rang, "well! Right on time Mr. Thomas..! And uh, boys!" She said as soon as the guys barged into the room, I walked down the middle of the class to my desk. Usually I'd see Rae next to me, is she skipping? D-Did she even come to school?..!

"Alright everyone, pull out your book and turn to page 49, we will begin chapter 5 our class chosen library book. Then I will pass on a question sheet, and after that I'll let you guys work on stuff for other classes."
I sighed heavily and tossed my backpack on the floor next me after I took out my book.
I turned to page 49, and looked around at everyone unprepared. I then hunched my body over my desk and rested my head on my hands.
The first days are always the roughest..
-
Once the dismissal bell rang for English period, I packed up my pencils and books. I flung my backpack over my shoulder and continued to walk out the room.
"Where's your girlfriend?" Mason said as him and his friends swarmed me.

"What girlfriend..?" I confusingly asked as I scratched my head.

"Damn! Like that? Y'all are done?"