Chapter 17: When She Realized..

We got in the car and my mom spoke with us about my dad. It was a quiet moment.
I always hated being seen crying, or being pitied because it made me look weak, or immature, but when I cried on Thomas, nothing felt wrong. I didn't feel embarrassed, but in that hug I realized
Damn.. I fell for you.

I remember in that hug, I didn't know what to do. I just know that everytime I'm in his grasp I don't wanna let go.
Just everything about him makes me go crazy, the way he smells, his voice, the way he looks, his fluffy hair just all drive me nuts.
I just wished sometimes he'd look at me and say I'm beautiful, and that'd he liked me from the start. But obviously he'd never like me. I see how he keeps it obvious he doesn't like me in a romantic way.
_
Right as the conversation ended we pulled up to Thomas's house.

"Thanks for the ride miss. I really enjoy hanging out with you guys!" He said smiling as he exited the car.

"No problem, feel free to come over anytime."
He turned away to walk into his home, then we started driving.
"W-Wait!" He shouted, before we could get to far. He ran up to the passenger window and poked his head in, "you should definitely come over on the 22nd! It'll be great. We could definitely get in the holiday spirit!"

"I can't, I have an appointment on that day, but I'm sure Raechel would love to go! Right?"

"Yeah! My mom can probably drop me off when she leaves to her appointment."

"Sounds great! See you guys then. I'll text you Raechel."

"Ok, have a nice day!"

"You too." He took his head out the car window and continued walking back to his house.

"You so like him."

"Be quiet mom." I said playfully rolling my eyes.

As the days continued Thomas and Rae shifted into their 2 weeks off for winter break.
Just 3 days after after break had started it was already the 22nd of December.
Rae was at Thomas's house bored out of her mind, she knew the options the had but she didn't wanna choose.
She conversated with Thomas and his mom. The two jokingly argued about the Christmas things they could to do to celebrate the important holiday.
Seconds later, they both agreed that they would go to Thomas's grandma's shop to buy the sweets they need to make their Christmas cookies.
_

Once we both agree we wanted Christmas cookies we were sent on a journey to Thomas's grandma's house. I exited the house and I already felt like I was about to be an ice cube.

"Aren't you excited for christmas?" I said as my teeth started to chatter.
Thomas glanced at me with a red nose and somewhat pale face, he threw his scarf around his neck to keep warm. "yeah. I know exactly what I'm gonna get you!"

"Really?" I said stuffing my hands inside my jacket pockets.

"Yup! Have you got me something yet? I mean not that you need to-" He scratched the back of his neck trying not to seem desperate. I chuckled and glared towards him.

"Oh don't worry about that. I already got you a few gifts that I know your gonna love."

"Really?-" he said, then suddenly felt my balance being robbed. I started chuckling then felt Thomas arms wrap from behind me. I tried to retrieve my balance but when ever I would try to stand steadily, I would slip again.