19 ~ Illiterate But Not

It wasn't long before Nova woke up and conversed with Benn and a few doctors. However, she absolutely refused to speak to Shanks -- who needed to speak with her the most out of all of them. When Benn asked her why she wouldn't speak with Shanks, she simply blinked at him and stated she didn't want to, and thats when Benn realised that she was an idiot. Meaning, he now had to take care of another idiot. However, she was atleast calmer than his captain was and she had a pet monkey that was more responsible than she.

"Hey, I need one of your snail thingies..." Nova told Benn and squinted her eyes as she attempted to remember the name of it. "Marco said it was a... Snail slushie? Mushie Snail?"

"Den-Den Mushi."

"Thanks, Ballu."

"Yeah."'

"What do you need one for?" Benn couldn't just allow random communications ensue on the ship, they were a crew that was almost untraceable and he'd like it to stay that way, thank you very much. The wyren looked up at him and stared for a few seconds and Benn finally noticed the unique shade of red that her eyes were. They were a shade darker than blood but lighter than midnight and they stung his own eyes when they met.

Then, as casually as one could say, Nova answered his question, "I need to call, Dragon."

The entire crew froze and Ballu suddenly felt as though something bad was going to happen and abandoned his friend just in time for a hand to grasp Novas shirt collar, lift her and then throw her off the side of the boat and into the water. Shanks glared down at the waters and yelled at the little girl, "Oi! I dont need Dragon coming after me!"

A hand slapped the back of his head as another person jumped off and into the waters to save the young girl. When Yassop arose with the young girl, her eyes were shadowed by her hair and she was coughing lightly. As Benn scolded Shanks who was pouting and leaning his arm against his sword, a flash of red collided with the captain and knocked him out. The finger Benn had been pointing at his captain dangled in mid-air as jaws dropped in complete disbelief and shock.

Hovering over him with a glare, Nova growled at the man and used her right hand to slick back her wet hair, intense conquerors haki rolling off of her in waves. The entire crew tensed, preparing themselves to fight against the little girl but Benn stopped them as Shanks abruptly regain consciousness, bouncing back up and punching the girl on her head, lightly but enough to give her a small sting. This induced a snarl to rip from her throat as Shanks yelled at her with a tone of hurt.

"That stung, you brat! What was that even for?!"

In response the freckled girl cursed at him in a language only an animal could understand, sending Ballu to the ground and Monster (The crews monkey) in a laughing fit. Shanks blinked at them in confusion only to look back at the little girl and stick an accusatory finger at her. "You called me something dumb, didn't you!" She stared at him for a few seconds.