20 ~ Too Much Resemblance

"Join my crew?"

"I cant."

"Your mission right? How about this, we'll help you find him."

"Even if I do find him, I cannot stay. I will eventually return to Dragon and begin a new mission."

"I see... Well, I'd like you to be with my crew until then. Will you join us?"

"What do you say, Ballu?"

"Yuh!"

"Sure."

"Just like that?!"

"Yeah, Ballu said yes."

"You're... A weird kid."

"Be quiet, human."

Two Years Later

Nova was sitting next to Shanks on the deck of the ship, conversing with Ballu in their language when suddenly a weight dropped onto her shoulder and the conversation they were having about fish, ended. Ballu squealed as he saw Shanks had fallen asleep and slowly leaned towards Novas shoulder, dropping his head onto her shoulder. 

To Ballu, it was an adorable sight as if a brother was resting his head on a sisters shoulder. Nova stared at Shanks with a blank expression and Ballus eyes shined.

Nova slowly brought her hand up, placing it on his head and harshly pushing his head off of her so that he fell and was forced out of whatever dream he was having.

Yassop who was watching, spit out his beer and fell to the ground laughing. What else did he expect from Nova? She hated physical contact with Shanks ever since they'd met and Shanks was a man who enjoyed physical contact. The red haired captain stood and held his head in pain, glaring at the ravenette who only smirked in response but looked away in a pathetic attempt to hide it.