33 ~ Dragons Will

Nova separates from the rest of the crew at night, climbing onto her best friends back and preparing to fly away when she's halted by someone. She turns around and stares at the ravenette, placing a foot firmly on the ground but still remaining on Umbra's back.

Luffy is surprisingly quiet when he walks closer to her until there's merely a foot between their faces. Then he puckers his lips together in what she assumes is an attempt to whisper.

"Are you going to steal meat? Cause if you are, bring me a lot."

"No, Law say's he's not making anymore meat for me until we beat Kaido..." She huffs, "and other than Law, Sanji's the only good cook. Robin is okay, but she won't cook for me unless Law says yes."

"That's so rude!"

"Shh!" Umbra growls, swiping his tail in warning. Luffy nods with wide eyes before tilting his head at the two.

"Well... where are you going? We're leaving tomorrow morning together so you should be back quickly."

"I'm going to Ugly Mama."

"Don't go alone, I'll come with you."

She switches the subject. "Are you talking to Ace?"

Had it been any other subject other than his brothers, Luffy would have insisted on the topic. But instead, he brightens and laughs. "Yeah! I talked to him yesterday, actually. He's getting married to someone and he wants me to meet her but I told him I'm too busy."

"Married, hm?" She thinks of the word then remembers its what her mama said she and Koby were to do once they wanted to. "Oh, you mean, marriage?"

"Same thing," He sent her an odd luck, "You're kinda dumb, aren't you, Nova, Shishishi!"

"I am not dumb, my first language is not the same as yours. If that is how we were to define intelligence then you would be even more stupid than you already are."

Luffy blinked.

"What?"

She snickers, "Nevermind."

Law had taught her how to reply when someone calls her stupid a few years ago, and now she's finally been able to use that knowledge.

Luffy mimics her snickering, "You're weird. Bye-Bye!"

He waves once she disappears from sight, but then suddenly birds fly out of the trees as he shrieks. "AHHH I FORGOT, I GOTTA TELL ROBIN AND TRAFFY!"

She flies off before he can even reach them.

~