39 ~ The beginning of the end

A tail imbued with centuries of history laid across her back, displaying her victory in battle clearly. This tail belonged to a legend of the dragons, one very much known from long before Nova was born. She had little to no right to keep it as a trophy, so she was returning it before arriving home.

Koby clung to her the entire journey as if his separating from her was a painful thing to do. She didn't mind. Never did when it came to Koby. 

Pero-pero-pero

Catch-a

"Hello?" Koby answered

"Where is Nova?"

"She's busy. May i deliver your message?"

"..."

The voice went silent, clearly thinking. Koby glance back at his lover digging in the ground and burying the abnormally large tail. 

This is where a legendary dragon fell in battle, apparently, and Nova was returning it's final pieces out of respect.

"Tell her the new era requires a new leader of the dragons."

Those glowing eyes follow her every move as Nova walks through the island middle. It's unusually tense and she knows everyone is waiting for her news. Umbra is forced to leave her side once she stands in front of Smaug.

And then slowly, slowly, she falls to one knee and lowers her head. The leaders mark engraved into her neck begins to glow the brightest it ever has, burning her neck as it grows ever-brighter. 

Smaug stares down at her with fierce aurum eyes. His dragons will flares wildly, far too strong for any normal dragon to handle. It's a test for her.

And one that she can easily pass.

Her dragons will spreads through the entire island, demanding respect. Demanding the throne she so rightfully deserves.

Nova turns around to face the rest of the Mocas and wyrens.

"We have no reason to worry anymore. I have defeated Agyenim, and have kept my promise. So will all of you do the same?"

It began with Smaug, as his head lowered in respect and his leaders mark glowed with promise. Glowed with submission and admittance. 

And naturally, the rest of the dragons followed. Marks belonging to the blacksmiths, healers, leaders, and every other pack, all lowering their heads in reverence for one dragon.

Nova, child of the Great Asterope.

Umbra was the first to speak, gathering all attention.

"Welcome home, Saviour Nova."

She scowled at him. "Don't call me saviour."

And then, the festivities began.

"Long live the Great Asterope!" One of the Mocas yelled, and Nova joined instantly. 

"Oh!" Nova grinned and suddenly ran behind one of the trees surrounding them, and grabbed a tan arm. Out popped her lover who nervously greeted the dragons stunned by his presence.