23 ~ A Glow Up

"You did a terrible job introducing yourself to your cousin."

Nova sweatdropped. Her mama hadn't spoken about it in the past few days they were flying around and suddenly it was now brought up? Next to her, Ballu grumbled in agreement and Nova only huffed in annoyance. "I know, mama. But you didn't say I had to like him, he's very annoying and not to mention ugly."

Ballu let out a sound of confusion "But you both practically look the same?"

"That's different, I'm a dragon."

"So that automatically makes you superior?"

"No," Nova deadpanned at her friend, "It just means I'm cooler than him."

"That's not a good way of thinking," Asterope sweatdropped as Nova and Ballu began to argue quietly about some random. The great wyrm searched the land that they flew above and recognized a familiar scent belonging to a vice-admiral. Narrowing the large and glowing blue eyes she folded her wings and dipped down towards the island. Nova and Ballus eyes widened as they clung to the dragons spikes on her back and waited for a few seconds before calmly loosening her tight grip as Asterope once again opened her wings. 

Ballu was still shaking in fear while cuddling against Nova who laughed at him and Asterope who purred in amusement. The great wyrm gently placed her four legs on the ground of the island and lowered herself for her wyren to get down to which Nova sent her a look of confusion but obeyed either way. That's when Asterope curled her tail around herself and laid out her arms to sleep on them, closing one of her eyes and keeping the other open so she could explain herself. "Go see what's happening with that strange aura."

"Strange aura-"

"Go!"

"Okay!"

The red eyed girl rushed away from the grumpy dragon.