21 ~ Surprise After Surprise

"Your eyes..." The golden-eyed man stared down at the young girl as Shanks drank and partied with the rest of his crew. Being less of party-people the two isolated themselves from the party and sat next to each other to converse, which led to this conversation about the odd colour of their eyes. At this point, they were just bored. "They are wynorrific."

Nova stared back at his eyes before bluntly speaking, "I have absolutely no clue what that means, Mihawk."

"Wynorrific; Something being both visually beautiful and horrific at the same time."

"Ah..." She nodded and looked back at the large mug she held before raising it towards her lips only for a large hand to snatch it away from her grasp. The young wyrens face expression switched from one of calm to one of great and utter offense with a pinch of hurt. "That belongs to me, I believe."

"You are a child, I am not so uncaring as red-hair to let a child drink in front of me, whether it affects said child or not."

"I am not a child."

"Of course, my apologies. Wyren."

"Thank you. Now give me my cup back."

"I refuse."

Nova pouted and slumped on the log they were sitting on. Mihawk, satisfied with himself, placed the remaining beer into his own cup and slowly drank it whole Nova watched silently. Once he was done he placed the empty cup by his side and the two continued their conversation this time with Nova complimenting his eyes with a word she'd learned around a week ago. "Correct me if my wording is incorrect, but I suppose if my eyes are beautiful and horrific than yours must be... alluring?"

He let out a chuckle and raised his hand to ruffle her hair, an amused gleam in his eyes when she nuzzled her head into his hand. "That is correct, you're learning, little one."

"Damn it," Shanks pouted next to Benn, "Why do they get along so well?"

"Well, you and Nova have sort of a... Brother-sister relationship." Benn offered an answer that Shanks did not like. "She acts like you are a nuisance but truly enjoys you."