01

Jeon Heejin's POV

You claimed to despise me, but here you are, wailing on my chest and clutching my clothing as if they were your lifeline.

You said my presence irritates you, but you want me so close to you right now.

You said you preferred the other me, but you're in my arms rather than hers.

I let you cry on me without questioning why. I'm not going to make you tell me. All I want is for you to feel safe. I want you to feel that I'm just here for you.

"Heejin," you called me as you raised your gaze to me.

"I'm here, Hyunjin," I said, rubbing the back of your head as you buried your face in my neck. Then the butterflies appear.

My heart started racing, and I didn't want you to hear it. I don't want you to know that the closer I hugged you, the faster my heart beat became.

My nostrils are filled with your scent. Vanilla... my  favorite scent.

Hyunjin, I want you to hug me until I smell like you.

I didn't complain even though you were almost lying on my top; instead, I cupped your face and wiped away your tears. How do you manage to look so beautiful while crying?

I chuckled as you sniffed. You smile a little and laugh a little. There it is. That's the kind of smile I love to see.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I combed your hair using my fingers.

"For bothering you, I know you're supposed to be hanging out with Ryujin and the others," you said.

"No need to apologize. It's alright, dummy" you first before anyone, Kim.

"Are you planning on staying for the night?"

I smiled as Hyunjin nodded.

"Is it okay for you?"

"Of course," I say.

You held me once more, and my God, your hugs are making me intoxicated. Yujin was correct when she said you give the warmest hugs in the world.

I finally dropped the query, "Is there a problem, Kim?"

And you said, "There's no problem, I'm just feeling lonely."

"Would you like to go somewhere?"

"While looking like this?" you pointed at your face.

"Looking like the most beautiful girl in the world?"

You smacked my chest and chuckled softly. 

"Come on, you still look beautiful even with those puffy eyes of yours."

Your eyes are enchanting, Hyunjin. They're still the prettiest eyes I've ever seen, even though they're red and puffy now. 

You pushed yourself up off the bed, finally agreeing with me. I get up as quickly as I can, opening my closet to get you a thick hoodie to protect you from the cold weather. 

Instead of handing it nicely to you, I throw it in your face because that's how we act with each other. 

You jokingly glare at me, making me laugh, before getting a hoodie for myself. I wore it, then turned around to see you in my clothing. You looked as cute as ever, Kim. 

"Let's go?" I offered my hand. 

You stared at it and then at me. You hesitantly took it, as we never hold hands.