28

Ahn Yujin's POV

We were celebrating our win and Hwihyeol's MVP award when Jiwon came rushing to us. She got a terrified look, and she immediately looked for the Jeon Twins. 

"You two need to hide." she said, turning her head to look at the entrance of the arena. 

"What's wrong, Jiwon?" Rei asked. 

"I saw their parents outside," Jiwon said, and fuck. 

I looked at Hwihyeol, whose smile has now long gone. She turned pale and started sweating even more. She tried to hide her hands, which were now shaking, but it didn't escape Gaeul's eyes.  Gyal took hold of her hand and pulled her towards the other way out of the arena, not forgetting about Heejin, of course. 

We quickly gathered our belongings and the twin's belongings and followed them.

The three suddenly paused, and I saw One and Two's parents right in front of them. We acted fast, of course. We acted like a shield, and covered the two. We don't even care if we're the ones who get hurt by them. Our two friends had enough. 

"Yujin," Gaeul called me, making me turn my head towards her. 

"Get Hyeol out of here. Bring Heejin along" she said, handing me the panicked Hwihyeol. She looked so traumatized, oh god. 

"Go with Yujin," Gaeul said to Hyeol, but the latter wouldn't let go of her. Hyeol shook her head, holding tight to Gyal's hand. 

"It won't be long, I promise. I'll follow you after I talk to them, alright?" Gaeul talked softly while the Jeons were shouting at us. 

"They might hurt you." Hyeol's grip on Gaeul tightened, though I'm sure it doesn't hurt. 

"I won't let them, Hyeol." Gaeul smiled. 

"I'll be just fine, okay? Go with Yujin for now" she said, and I pulled Hwihyeol gently when she finally let go of my best friend. 

Heejin followed us, pulling Chaewon with her. Our dear friend has anger issues and might murder our friends' parents if we don't get her out of here. 

I turned my head back to them, and I saw the security preventing Mr. and Mrs. Jeon from running after us. I saw Gaeul getting a brown envelope from her bag and slapping it on Mr. Jeon's chest. Sheesh. Go, best friend!

"I'll drive," I said as soon as we reached the parking space. I fished out my keys from my pocket and got in my car. Chaewon is sitting beside me while the twins are at the back. 

I looked at the rearview mirror and saw Heejin doing her best to comfort Hwihyeol. They really fucked her up. I feel really bad. Why didn't we notice this sooner? Why did we fail to notice it?

Minutes after I started driving, Hwihyeol broke down into tears, and her cries were enough to crumble my heart into pieces. I looked at her through the mirror, and the night she tried to unalive herself flashed back to my head. 

I wanted to cry too, but I held it in. I sped up, but still made sure to be careful. We reached Kim's residence in less than 15 minutes, and Aunt Kim welcomed us with a motherly smile, but it vanished when she saw Hwihyeol in this state. 

"What happened?" she asked, and Hyeol went rushing to her. 

"What happened, my daughter?" she asked again. 

I felt my heart melt when she said 'my daughter'.

"They went to the school, Aunty." Heejin was the one to answer. 

"Let's get inside, kids," she said, gently pulling Hyeol in like she was the most precious thing in the world. 

We followed them and we watched as Aunt Kim comforted Hyeol.