22

3rd person's POV

Chaewon and Minjeong entered the hospital, going straight to the front desk to ask what room number was Hwihyeol's. The two hurried to the third floor and knocked on the door of room 039.

Yujin stood up and opened the door for them as the other two people in the room had no energy to do it.

"Dude, how's One?" Chaewon asked, entering the room, so did Minjeong, who went straight to the girl lying on the hospital bed. 

"What happened?" Minjeong asked, gently caressing Hwihyeol's head. 

"She drowned herself in her bathtub," Heejin said. 

"What? Why? " Chaewon asked. Heejin didn't answer. She didn't know either. She turned her head to Gaeul, who'd been holding Hwihyeol's hand since they brought the girl here up until now. 

"Gaeul?" Minjeong looked at the girl. She didn't know that she and Hwihyeol were close. 

"Hey," the girl said, with a small smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"Euli, what happened?" Heejin asked. She can't take it anymore. She's Hwihyeol's sister, but she knows nothing. 

"I don't know if Hyeol wants y'all to know about it," Gaeul said. She won't speak about it without Hwihyeol's permission. 

Heejin let out a frustrated sigh as her gaze landed on Yujin. "You, how did you know?" she asked. 

"One told me all about it when she was drunk and she asked me not to tell anyone, especially you and Hyunjin," the younger answered. 
Heejin heaved a sigh and rested her back against the backrest of the couch. 

"Have you told uncle and aunty about this?" Chaewon asked Heejin. 

"I haven't," Heejin said, fishing her phone out of her pocket to give her parents a call. 

"No. Don't." Gaeul said firmly. 

"Euli, I have to let them know-" Heejin gets cut off. 

"You think they'd care about it when they're the reason behind all of this? Heejin, your sister has suffered way too much already." Gaeul stated. 

"What do you mean?" Heejin asked, her eyebrows furrowed. 

"You see those bruises when we were changing Hyeol's clothes? Those are from them."

Heejin's mouth was agape, "Are you saying that they're hurting her? That's impossible. She's their favorite. They would always pamper her-"

"Not because that's what's happening in front of you, that's what's also happening behind you." Gaeul said that she couldn't stop herself from talking anymore. 

"Why do you think your twin always wears long sleeves even though it's hot and all? That is to cover up the bruises she received from your parents. She even had to go to several therapy sessions because she was suffering from anxiety and depression." Gael stopped and looked at Heejin. 

"She's hurt herself so many times already, and this isn't the first time she's tried to kill herself." 

"What?" Heejin asked. 

"I'm not supposed to tell you, but she... she tried to jump off the rooftop of our school's main building." Gaeul said.

"That's where I met her," she added. 

"Stop it. I think you spilled enough tea for today, Gyal. " 

Gaeul looked at the owner of the voice with concerned eyes.