19

Jeon Heejin's POV

It's been a week. I can say that I'm so much happier than before, but I can't help but worry about my sister. She's been a mess the whole week. She bombed a lot of quizzes, and I don't think she's doing well at all. 

I went home from my daily stroll with Hyunjin, and the smell of cigarettes welcomed me. I followed where it was coming, and I saw Hyeol smoking while eating some strawberries. 

"When did you even learn how to smoke?" I spoke, sitting across from her. 

"Long time ago," she answered, blowing the smoke out of her mouth. 

"Is this your coping mechanism?" I asked her, getting a strawberry from the bowl. 

"Stop this, One. You're only destroying yourself." I looked at her in the eyes. I hope she listens to me this time. 

She only chuckled and placed the cigarette in the ashtray Yujin had given her.

"Are you two doing well? You and Hyunjin," she asked. 

"Yes" I answered. 

"That's good," she said and hummed, eating another strawberry. 

"Mom called," she said. 

"She was scolding me about my score in our recent quizzes," she chuckled. 

"Why won't they just settle for what I can do?"

"Huh?" I asked, confused. 

"It's nothing, I'll go outside," she said, quickly leaving. 

What does she mean? 

-

Kim Gaeul's POV

"Do you want to get sick or something?" I reached the Han River and saw Hwihyeol smoking again. How many sticks does she smoke a day, honestly? 

"Hi," she greeted, completely ignoring what I just said, making me roll my eyes. 

She dyed her hair back to black. Wow. She's so pretty. 

"Hi," Yujin, who's standing beside her, greeted me too. 

"You, why don't you tell your friend to stop smoking?" I told Yujin. 

"It's useless; she won't listen anyway," she said, shrugging. 

"Why are y'all even here?" Hyeol asked. 

"We're here to stop you if you ever think about jumping off this bridge," Yujin said, and I smacked the back of her head. 

"What do y'all think about drinking?" Hyeol looked at Yujin then at me. 

"Hard pass", I said. I have a low alcohol tolerance. 

"How about you, Yuj?" We both turn to Yujin. I gave her a look, saying to decline, but this girl said, "I'll ask Wony if I can go."

I face palmed while Hyeol rejoiced. If Wonyoung let Yujin go, then I had to go too. These two need someone to save them from humiliation when they're already drunk. 

Yujin called Wonyoung, and they're talking at the moment. 

"Don't worry, Gaeul is coming with us," Yujin said, which is kind of stupid. 

Girl, I literally used to like you, and now you're telling your girlfriend that you're coming to the bar with me. 

Wonyoung knew about it, but we're good. We already talked things over. I promised not to interfere with their relationship, which I kept until now. 

"We're good to go," Yujin smiled. Ah, shit. 

Wony, why did you let her? 

"Yas! Let's go now! "

I was dragged into the bar near my house and these two had already ordered some drinks. I'm already stressed even though they haven't drunk yet. 

-

I'm watching over Hyeol from my seat while she dances like crazy in the middle of the dance floor. 

"Does it hurt?" Yujin, who's sitting beside me, asked. She's already tipsy while I'm still sober. Hyeol made her drink as much as she did. 

"What are you talking about, Yu?" I asked her, downing a shot. 

"She kept on talking about Hyun while we were drinking," she said, and I chuckled. 

"I'm used to it. I think I'm already immune to pain."

I keep on falling for someone who already loves someone else. Fucking help me. 

"I'm getting dizzy," I heard Yujin say while I was in deep thought. 

"Stop drinking. Do you want me to call Wony?" I asked her, to which she nodded. 

I called Wonyoung, and she answered within five rings. 

"Euli?" 

"Hi, Won. Yujin's kind of drunk now. Do you mind picking her up?" I made Yujin drink some water while I was talking to her girlfriend. 

"Aish. I told her not to drink that much. That dog. Can you send me the location, Euli? I'll be picking her up," Wonyoung said, making me chuckle. 

"I'll text you our location, Won," I said. 

"Thank you, Euli. Please watch over her while I'm still not there. Thank you again." 

"No problem. I'll send it now." I hung up and sent Wonyoung the location of the bar. 

"Stay here. Wonyoung will be here in a minute or so. I'll just go get Hwihyeol," I told Yujin, who just nodded. 

I was just planning on fetching Hwihyeol to get her home, but I stood there, rooted in my place. She was dancing, and she held me captivated.

Fuck it, Jeon Hwihyeol. 

Hyunjin is so stupid for not picking you. Would you mind if I picked you instead? 

She stopped when she saw me and smiled widely at me as she looked at me with a drunken gaze. She looks even more beautiful now. Black-haired Hwihyeol under beautiful lighting.Her face was glistening due to the sweat dripping down her face. There are many people here, and the smells are mixed, but her smell is the only thing I can smell. Strawberries and Cigarettes. She smelled just like her favourite song. I'm down badly. 

For me, there's a huge difference between Heejin and Hwihyeol. Heejin is much more on the caring and teasing side, while Hwihyeol... She doesn't need to do anything; she's perfect the way she is. 

The moment Yujin told me she was going to set me up with Heejin, I already knew that we'd end up just being friends because she likes someone else and I'm into her twin. 

It sounds cliche to say, but when she started walking towards me, everything went slowmo. The only thing I can hear is the loud music and the loud thumping of my heart. When I was within reach, she pulled me by my wrist with force, but with gentleness also. She locked me up in her embrace, and I felt her face in the crook of my neck. 

"Let's go home?" I asked softly against her ear as I rested my hand on her back. 

"Okay," she says muffledly.

She separated herself from me, but her hand slipped into mine, holding it tight. She's standing behind me, her left hand on mine, while her right rests on my waist as we try to squeeze ourselves through the crowd. 

Her grip on my waist tightened and my heartbeat became faster. Damn. Jeon Hwihyeol. Really.